Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranting and Raving

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    250 channels of nothing is so true that 15 years ago the apartment I was renting came with free basic cable TV. I never even connected the TV to it. My DVD player was the only thing connected to the TV. I haven't paid for regular TV, cable, satellite for at least 20 years. I have a small library of discs, and there are the various internet video services.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    A rave I suppose. I was just going through the round-a bout a couple blocks from work and had 103.3 WGLX on the radio when In-a-gada-davita started. It must have been the LONG long version because it was playing the entire way home. It ended the second I pulled into the garage at home. Perfect timing! It's supposedly 17 minutes long but there's no way it only took 17 minutes to get home from work unless I got sucked through a time portal or something. I'm guessing more like 25 minutes, which is about how long it really takes. LOL, the DJ must have had to take a huge dump
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a rant. I was taking my Aspen to a cruise Friday night. I was about 2 miles from my house and I heard a not very loud "pop" and at the exact same time the car pulled to the left ever so slightly and then drove straight. I drove another mile with the car feeling like it had very loose steering with a lot of play which was very strange as I have a Firm Feel Stage 3 steering gear. I pulled off the highway when I could to a good spot to pull off the road, out of the way of any traffic. I looked under the hood, had my wife turn the steering wheel back and forth while I was watching everything I could to find the problem. I couldn't locate anything wrong, so I drove on down the highway to the cruise.

The next day I put the car up on jack stands and looked the entire front end over for split welds, cracked steel, loose mounting bolts, whatever might there be. I came up with nothing! I called Firm Feel today and spoke with Matt explaining every little detail of what I found making sure he understood there was nothing in the front end loose. He finally said a reaction spring probably broke and the gear has to be rebuilt. What sealed the deal was when I told him the steering power assist felt like stock compared to the stage 3. I have to send the gear in on my dime. They are going to replace the spring, test and reset up the gear, then send it back to me on their dime. That is good but the down time in the middle of the summer sucks! Probably be down 3-4 weeks.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    That's a bummer. Your car is trying to take a dump in the stall next to the DJ. Can you just toss your old chuck in for a while?
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattle Trap View Post
    That's a bummer. Can you just toss your old chuck in for a while?

I have no extra gear. The one I took out to put in the Firm Feel unit had to go back to them as there was a $250 core charge and the gear I took out was worse than the Firm Feel one is now.
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Wasn't that the spring I had to change in my FFS3 pump??? I'll take a peek at my correspondence.

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I wish I would have gone with a R&P....

United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalkervette View Post
    Wasn't that the spring I had to change in my FFS3 pump??? I'll take a peek at my correspondence.
    No it is the spring rings inside the steering gear that gives the "road" feel to the power steering. The stage three has almost no assist, just enough so you don't get worn out driving the car.
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mopars1 For This Useful Post:

Stalkervette (2 Weeks Ago)

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Well it sure seems the panicky people who don't realize you simply can't hide forever from an adaptive mutating virus have shut down everything fun this year. But I don't want to rant about that. Or the actual efficacy of vaccines against viruses. Or that you just can't openly organize anything except protest it seems.

Nope. Not guna do it.

I have a Rave. The Gilmore Museum of Hickory Corners Michigan is the largest automotive museum in the country and they managed to have their limited attendance Red Barns Mopar Lite show this weekend. Thankfully we were able to attend with several great friends and some new ones. I got to drive the tan 80 Aspen while my friend took his Super Coupe and his lady took her 79 woody wagon.

I think this just made my whole summer. So I hope you enjoy a few pix.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200725_125143.jpg   20200725_095612.jpg   20200725_093657.jpg   20200726_135416.jpg   20200725_104034.jpg   20200725_174153.jpg  
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Man, wish I could have been there!

Side note: They say masks prevent the spread of the virus but,,,,,,,,,,,,,nobody can explain this to me. When you see video of China, they're always wearing masks. I don't mean just now but for years and years. My question is, if masks keep the virus from spreading, how come so many Chinese got sick and died??????????????????????? Just an observation.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver