Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: Ranting and Raving

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    In some cases when a vehicle has phantom problems for no reason, a whole vehicle reboot does the job. Unhook the battery and connect the cables to each other for a few minutes. That forces a capacitive discharge to drain the capacitors in all the modules. Whne the battery is hooked back up, the entire system reboots. Ran into that for the 1st time about 20 yers ago at work. It was an Explorer with the top line sound system. Front control unit in the dash, radio module in the rear, along with the amp and a 6 disc cd changer in the center console. It was all dead, the control unit it the dash didn't even light up. Finally did a discharge and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it worked like nothing was ever wrong.

When the headlight switch isn't really a switch, but is a tiny module (depends on year, make, model, etc) that sends a digital signal down the communication network, to the body control module, which then sends a signal to the headlight modules (if HID for example) to turn the headlamp relays on and finally, the friggin' lights come on, there's a lot that can go wrong. Just be glad Microsoft doesn't write the programming, lol. If the systems are on different networks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that throws a whole other wrench in the works. One module on the CAN network communicating with a module that outputs to a Flex Ray network which also controls something that's on a LAN and, holy something. (Love my job, love my job, love my job)
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Were those Aspen police cars in "KILLER CLOWNS from outer space"? The entire movie is at night and I couldn't really tell if they were Fs or something else.

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Diplomats I think?

United States
    Thanks
    Never seen the movie but got curious and checked. Ibdm (or whatever it is) says they're '81 Diplomat's so, you are correct 77.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Strange Movie.

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    It's a very strange movie. I'm not sure if it is worth watching so you can talk about it at parties or not. I would say it fits with Sci-Fi horror the same way the movie Scream fits with Slasher horror. At least I hope they weren't serious when they made it. Otherwise how could they fit so many of the horror tropes in there. Walking around a scary place backwards, falling down on a well maintained level floor and then waiting there for the monster to catch up, dividing the group, etc. And of course, the policeman who thinks it's all a prank and refuses to do anything of use.

United States
    Thanks
    "Why don't we just get in the running car?" "Are you nuts? Let's hide behind the chainsaws" From that one commercial (for insurance, I think).
    Guess I should have said, I'd never heard of the movie much less seen it.

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I have watched the movie, basically out of boredom, when it was raining or 105 degrees or whatever and there was nothing else to watch on the screen. I guess it is a tad bit interesting because it is so stupid and far out.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

United States
    Thanks
    LOL, 250 channels and there's nothing on, right? There's a rant.

Why is it sometime's you decide to take it easy and watch something on TV, then scroll through the whole program guide and find absolutely nothing you care to watch, at least on the channels you subscribe to, and also check over the air channels to boot, which here gives you about 20 more channels with nothing on. Then another time, there's about 10 thing's you'd like to see,,,,,,,,,,,,,all on at the exact same time. It never fails. GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aspen79 View Post
    LOL, 250 channels and there's nothing on, right? There's a rant.

Why is it sometime's you decide to take it easy and watch something on TV, then scroll through the whole program guide and find absolutely nothing you care to watch, at least on the channels you subscribe to, and also check over the air channels to boot, which here gives you about 20 more channels with nothing on. Then another time, there's about 10 thing's you'd like to see,,,,,,,,,,,,,all on at the exact same time. It never fails. GRRRRRRRRRRR.
    That is spot on. So many times I do sit down and relax for a couple of hours there is either nothing of interest on or way too many that I want to watch and cannot record them because of many factors!
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack