Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Ranting and Raving

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow, just wow. It makes me wonder about the way people slant things to fit their agenda. With that said I thought there was NO Politics .

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 77rr2x4s View Post
    Wow, just wow. It makes me wonder about the way people slant things to fit their agenda. With that said I thought there was NO Politics .
    You're right and I apologize for my freak out moment. I've deleted it as I should have immediately after satisfying my moment taken to type.

Like I was saying earlier in the week, I may need to go sit somewhere quietly. Again, sorry I didn't follow my own advice so well.

We all need to rant and rave occasionally. So with the expectation of it not always being our best moments, if you ever need to just let it out for a minute or five knock yourself out too.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    No need to apologize. I just don`t want to lose sight on what this site and hobby is all about. Everyone is going to have their own opinions but there is plenty other sites for that stuff.
    Last edited by 77rr2x4s; 1 Week Ago at 04:07 PM.

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    In the past I was a monster when working on cars - by myself I've pulled motors, installed transmission and rear ends. But that was in the past.

Now I need scissors to open a bag of potato chips.

Today I installed shocks on the F150. I know my health is on the south side of very poor, but the shocks almost got the better of me! Not only did it take forever, but I almost gave up. Thank GOD for power tools and Archimedes (using ever longer breaker bars to move a nut).

Being disabled and getting older sucks!

That is my rant.....

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm not disabled but know all too well what you are saying. I look back on the things I did 20-30 years ago and can't figure out how I did it all. All those years building my car single handed 95% of the time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,can't imagine dong it all over again now. That applies to other things like the house. Other than reframing, sheathing and shingling the roof, the entire thing was done alone. Siding, windows, drywall, insulation, plumbing, electrical, everything, redoing the front yard and moving 20 yards of screened top soil one wheelbarrow load at a time.........It just wouldn't seem possible now and it sucks.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalkervette View Post
    In the past I was a monster when working on cars - by myself I've pulled motors, installed transmission and rear ends. But that was in the past.

Now I need scissors to open a bag of potato chips.

Today I installed shocks on the F150. I know my health is on the south side of very poor, but the shocks almost got the better of me! Not only did it take forever, but I almost gave up. Thank GOD for power tools and Archimedes (using ever longer breaker bars to move a nut).

Being disabled and getting older sucks!

That is my rant.....
    I hear you! My mind tells me to do things but my body won`t let me. LOL

United States
    Thanks
    Everybody I work with knows that I go there for the relaxation of a steady job where I will work at a pace others have determined is safe and appropriate. Fully realizing to slow down at home now too. The first sign of tightness now, I give up knowing that I've already exceeded my limits and the next dumb thing I'm about to do can wait. Unless it can't. But I have learned to go much slower pace on those whole jobs so I do make it all the way through them. It's really when I'm just having fun doing my thing as if I were younger and pretending for myself that I'm not going half as fast as back then, that I overwork myself and have to call it a day. Plus, who ever heard of making sure your wife checks on you regularly back then? That's my big thing now. Knowing that somebody isn't going to discover me laying out there half the day already if something did go wrong. I hate to admit that I'm entering that life alert phase of life. I'm still calling it being happy to see her face and show my progress.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattle Trap View Post
    ...... I'm still calling it being happy to see her face and show my progress.
    Even better if she brings a sandwich and cold Dr. Pepper!!!!! In a frosty mug! Or any other cold carbonated barley and hops beverage pulled around by a team of Clydesdale :-)

United States
    Thanks
    Her smile is enough. But she brings fresh water until she wants me to be done and brings a hoppy beverage. That's my cue to wrap it up. Guess I knew she was "the one" when she made me stop along side the road one day. I asked what she thought she was going to do with that big dumb padded wicker chair on the curb? She said, "Put it in your garage so I'm comfy." I should probably just scrap those extra engines taking up real estate the past few years so I can move that old thing back into the main garage again for her. Then I'll be able to look up and see her with her tablet today instead of the old puzzle books she always had at half our ages. Just thinking back on it is sort of a rave even if it doesnt sound so exciting.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    That is truly awesome!