Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Ranting and Raving

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Just following ANY F-150 right off the showroom floor is a nightmare! Silverado and RAM's are almost typically as bad. They're just too tall and have too big and deep tread. They aren't half ton trucks anymore. They're compromises of a heavier trucks with heavier capabilities in some but not all categories trying to outdo each other and should be required to come with Mudflaps at this point. I can see clearly behind a Semi more closely than these guys anymore. I hate to say somebody needs to step in and regulate ANYTHING, "but" this is Obviously another one of those things that needs addressed.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    KMA I LOVE MY LED HEADLIGHTS!

BUT

I ALWAYS run with my Driving Lights on, so you know I don't have the Highbeams on and am trying to kill you.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I agree about the new trucks. Always laugh when they advertise a 72 position t-gate or drop down step, etc, to get into the bed. Here's an idea, DON'T BUILD THE THINGS 12 FEET OFF THE GROUND! It's like a competition to see who can build the biggest behemoth that's the highest off the ground. On most, especially the Silverado, the hood is so frickin' huge you have no idea where the front end is, not to mention the fenders. Seems everyone HAS to have a 4 door truck as well, which makes them longer and if it's a 4 door long bed,,,,, I give up. The other day at work I saw a new F-150 parked next to a '92-'96 style F-150 and it made the '96 look like a compact. Ridiculous. On RAM trucks, you need a step stool to reach the oil filler cap and if these new trucks don't have running boards or tubes, getting in and out is like scaling Mount Everest, especially for us "experienced" guys. The 20" wheels make tire rotation or brake work suck. They weigh about 100 lbs each seemingly. Got to mention, around here 95% of trucks are 4x4's which makes them even taller. Speaking of the huge 20" tires, there's always a gasp when given prices on new tires.

On both my Dakota and Mustang, I always have the parking/tail lights and factory driving lights on, even on a bright sunny day. The Aspen, since it doesn't have driving/fog lights, I turn on the headlights most times but always at least the parking/tail lights. I figure MAYBE someone will see me coming and not pull out right in front of me. That's the theory anyways.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Man it seems like the rant and raving section is very popular among some of you guys. LOL

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    That's what happens in the middle of winter when cabin fever is in full force. You have time to think about things that irritate you that normally just slide off your back and also time to post them for all to see.

OK, fair enough, how about a rave for once? It's almost the end of January which means spring is getting closer and closer! Also, even though I still leave for work when it's fairly dark yet at 6:45am, it's more or less light out yet when I get home at 5pm vs a month ago when I left work at 4:30pm and it was already pitch black.
    Last edited by aspen79; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:57 AM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks

United States
    Thanks
    OK, questions about something annoying.

Ever passed one of those semi's who's engine somehow vibrates your whole car? Why do they do that? Got the fuel turned up and pounding the crap outa the engine?
    Today I passed my 1st pick up that did it. A late model RAM Dually. How could that not knock your teeth loose inside the truck? Or at least put you to sleep...
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Don`t know honestly. Worn out, poorly tuned, modified in some way. I gotta think it isn`t anything remotely new but you saying a late model ram has me thinking???.

United States
    Thanks
    Yeah it's usually some angry looking semi that's pounding the pavement and passers by. Not really loud, just an incredible vibration that penetrates the car. And it was a current model Ram with the sweet molded fiberglass whole dually bed sides.
    Volare Magnet