Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranting and Raving

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I doubt I would consider buying a new or newer GM vehicle any time soon or at all but thanks for the heads up on the issues.

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Well around here spring has sprung and you know what that means. Hey man, you got any Biofreeze? Yeah Bro you need the bottle or a patch? I don't even care, whatever is handy. You can really tell the city boys this time of year. They're the ones haven't already beat themselves up getting spring stuff done. Now a week after doing a lousy brake job and I'm wearing my knee brace cuz that's not getting any better. But it's an old familiar pain and there's so much to do.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Mixed bag of leftovers today. Got a good price on a 15yr old Cub in the fall of '17. Some work had been done. Needs more. Still discovering some hillbilly stuff. But it's a good little tractor. I had to extensively weld 10 and 12 gauge repairs into the 48" deck, but just finally saw fit to mount that and check my work. You know, make sure it's all straight and true. Since I tore up the old junk Huskee again. I'm not sure I could ever get that Huskee 50" deck perfectly straight again, and it needs some welding while it's down too anyhow. Cuts ridges no matter how I beat on it. Leaves parts of corners uncut on the inside blade somehow too. But I'm really pleased with having taken the time to get the Cub deck right, from the mangled Swiss cheese I started with. Now if I can get the engine clutch to disengage. Seems to be missing pieces, and or have incorrect pieces in it. But it works so that's more important than getting it to stop working, short term. The yard hasn't looked so good in a number of years. And the Cub is way faster too! Need to repaint the ugly black rattle can job the last guy did on the whole tractor now that I'll be parading around out front with it back and forth too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-05-23 07.16.27.jpg   2019-05-23 06.52.27.jpg   2019-05-23 07.16.42.jpg  
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 05-23-2019 at 06:26 AM.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Deer splat. 75mph with the cruise on. Little thing came across right behind a bridge. Never saw it til I was seeing pieces flying.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190524_060829.jpg  
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Senior Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh Crap!......
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T

United States
    Thanks
    I hit a few deer in my days. I drove home from work in the early morning hours which made it even more fun. I had one go right across the road in front of me only to turn back and run into the side of my car. Smashed up from headlight to taillight.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I've come darn close a few times but luckily, no contact was ever made. Around here at certain times of the year, you have to watch out for wild turkeys also. They have got to be the DUMBEST animal on the planet. They'll stand in the middle of the road, looking right at a vehicle coming at them, and they don't move. WTF? Some of those things are huge and do mass damage if you hit them.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Haha! Turkeys! Winged wrecking balls!

I don't even want to think of the deductible on this. But it's probably not 1/4 of the damages. I couldn't believe how much was just Smashed inside that broken cover for it to still look so good. Relatively speaking. In consideration of blasting a deer at 75mph.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    I had a turkey buzzard swoop down for some dead animal along side the highway and it tore my passenger side mirror off. That thing was tuff. It was gone by the time I pulled over to check it out.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Not really a rant or a rave, well, maybe somewhat of a rant I guess. One of the roads I take on the way to work is being repaved, and there's absolutely no way around it due to the lay of the land (meaning rivers, creeks, lakes, and back waters). I'd have to drive about 1 1/2 miles on gravel and don't want to run the Mustang on that crap if I can at all avoid it so,,,,,,,,,,I've been taking the Interstate the past 3 days to and from work. It reminded me why I go "the back route" instead. That way, I get home calm and relaxed. The Interstate, I get home all tense. So,,,,,,,,,going to get the Dakota back out to go to work until the road is done. The rear brakes were shot and I had all the parts to fix them at some point this summer but now moved the project up. By shot I mean, one side didn't work at all and the other only half worked (seized wheel cylinders) Basically replacing everything, starting at the hose, minus the backing plates. Axle lines, wheel cyl's, shoes, springs, hardware, drums, etc..... Did one side this evening and what a horror show, lol. The pic is of the grizzly remains of what I removed. Gotta love that Wisconsin road salt, NOT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00272.jpg  
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver