Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Thread: Ranting and Raving

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a rant that I don't mean to be political, although it kind of is and I'll try to keep it neutral.

Monday on the radio, they said the Governor used an executive order to delay the April 7th elections until June 6th. OK, fine, whatever. My district hasn't had a Washington Congressman since last summer when the one we had resigned for family reasons. Yesterday my back was giving me fits,,,,,,,,AGAIN,,,,,,,,so I stayed home from work and didn't listen to the radio as I usually do on the way to and from work. So,,,,,,this morning on the way to work I hear "The results of the April 7th elections won't be known until next Monday when all the absentee ballots are counted". WTF? It was delayed until June so I didn't go out to vote, yet the elections were held after all. Turns out the executive order was illegal and the State Supreme Court overruled it. Again I say WTF?????????????? Rant over.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a rant that I don't mean to be political, although it kind of is and I'll try to keep it neutral.

Monday on the radio, they said the Governor used an executive order to delay the April 7th elections until June 6th. OK, fine, whatever. My district hasn't had a Washington Congressman since last summer when the one we had resigned for family reasons. Yesterday my back was giving me fits,,,,,,,,AGAIN,,,,,,,,so I stayed home from work and didn't listen to the radio as I usually do on the way to and from work. So,,,,,,this morning on the way to work I hear "The results of the April 7th elections won't be known until next Monday when all the absentee ballots are counted". WTF? It was delayed until June so I didn't go out to vote, yet the elections were held after all. Turns out the executive order was illegal and the State Supreme Court overruled it. Again I say WTF?????????????? Rant over.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Today I sweated the heat in the garage moving things around to reach the back wall and get the air conditioner out and called it quits. We still don't have anything but a couple big old 30K(? maybe bigger, I don't remember but they work Great) window 220 units.

So I don't know if this qualifies as a rant or what, but it was miserable.
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:58 PM.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    And on another note, the wife had a tire down to 30 psi after work today. She noticed and checked, and called before driving home. Gotta LOVE that woman! So that got parked over in the big garage driveway also and dealt with. But here's the bad part. She threatened my Testes if her tire gauge didn't get returned to her console after I would finish with it! Like I would need hers or something? So then she did the girl thing of seamlessly slipping her bra out from under her shirt and eyeballed me, then showed the boobies. I stayed tru to my work and left her untouched gauge on her seat to poke her butt in the morning. Is there something else I should do here? Please advise...
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That is funny stuff!
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Not mopar related but what would cause a radio in a 2014 Beetle to come on while the car is off and not running. I can turn it off but maybe a hour or so later it comes on again. Christine has found a home in the Beetle. LOL

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Noise on the CAN bus. Or Russian hackers on the CAN bus.

Samy is a sharp guy, but there are hundreds of others on this topic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNgvShN4USU

Edit: Easy to find lots of other videos on this topic once you look. The take over, steer, brake, accel the car through the OnStar system and drive it one is scary.

Edit: Edit: That video isn't a good example. It's a lot more technical. But the modern car hacking info is out there.
    Last edited by doublechaz; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:15 AM.

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    The radio in my Challenger does some strange stuff at times. It has never come on by itself that I know of but it would not shut off even with the engine and accessory setting off and opening the door. The dealer from where I retired said that was in the radio itself and ordered a replacement. I suppose it could be the radio or just about anything else that may wake the radio up at times.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I removed the SD card and the CD that was in the unit. Also read online to hold on off button for tens seconds. So far it is off. I will see. Thanks

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Gotta love all these secret button sequences to force a reboot of equipment that should be *off* when the key is out.