Thread: Garage door bottom seal question ?????

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks

Garage door bottom seal question ?????

I have a Overhead brand 390 series garage door on the house attached garage. It needs a new bottom seal. Looks like critters were chewing at it. The online sellers call it a bulb seal. The new bulb seals look roundish and no flat areas . The OE seal looks like more of a D with a small lip on the bottom. I assume they changed the style?? It appears to mount the same way. I`m hoping the bottom piece unscrews so it will install pretty easy. Yea or Nay? I ordered this seal on amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Chances are it'll be fine as soon as it's compressed. One of my doors needed a new bottom seal also. The new one was round while the old was flat. It slides into a pair of "T" slots on the bottom of the door and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what a PITA that was to put in! Maybe if I'd have done it a month earlier, when it was more than 15 or 20 degrees out. Dang my fingers were cold, lol.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I tried to find a video on my style on you tube. No luck. Mine has only one slot and it may have a retainer that holds it in place. I haven`t taken it apart yet. I`m waiting until the seal gets here before I do.