Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: squirrels..............................

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    Really? I was sort of thinking they were working for the mice also. Seem to be keeping everything at bay since I began using them. I had to take the whole dash out once. I really don't want to have to do that ever again.
    I use about a dozen sheets every fall. I put the spent ones in the trunk. I shove them every where.
    Maybe certain kind of mice don't like dryer sheets, OR they only hate certain kinds of dryer sheets? In my job as an auto tech, I've been "lucky" to fix rodent damage, or clean the grizzly remains out of the HVAC to eliminate "a foul odor". Nothing worse than a freshly dead mouse that got torn to bits by the heater fan. Can you say stomach turning? Sure, I knew you could. Always awesome when the shredded guts get flung into the air ducts. GAG. Worst thing ever is a rotting mouse corpse SOMEWHERE in the car and you have to become a bloodhound and sniff out the source, then dig in, find the corpse and remove it. Blech.
    Last edited by aspen79; 06-18-2019 at 07:51 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    We get mostly pack rats around here. They can sure make a mess. I bet different kinds of rodents are bothered by different things.

On the other end of that spectrum, once you get pack rats you have to super clean where they were or new ones come along and smell all the piss and think 'what a great place for a home!' and move in to fill the opening.

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    As far as car storage goes, somebody would have to explain to me what the problem is with moth balls which have remained a 100% success rate for me. You don't like the smell? Guess what neither do rodents. But they can't roll the windows down for the fist few drives of the season. I've grown to enjoy the smell actually. Makes me happy that another winter has passed without rodent damage and here comes the good times!
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    My favorite method is to make sure rodents can't get to the car in the first place. Yes I know,,,,,if your car is forced to be parked outdoors at night, that's pretty much impossible. M I've been lucky and have never had a mouse, or other animal, get into my car (any car), even when I did have to park outdoors way back when. Then again, mice aren't really a huge problem around this area, even in the country. In the 43 years I've lived here, I've never seen a rat of any kind, except the white ones back in high school science class. I've seen the destruction they can bring, and what it takes to repair what they've done, and they can do way more damage than their size indicates they should be able to do.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver