Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 Speed SUPER COUPE ?!!!?

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks

4 Speed SUPER COUPE ?!!!?

Anybody else have any thoughts on this? If it's not one of one, it's got to be single digits at least if legit. Non orig trans bothers me, but we know how the oval spring bushing would walk the axle and tear them out of 318 cars even. Not supposed to have been made but I've had close to ten people swear to me that they had an R/T or Roadrunner equipped with 360-4/ 3spOD "in the day". I questioned the line spacing on the tag, but quickly found other tags in my catalog with the same close spacing to the bottom rib. Cali emissions non-ELB 4100-228 engine. All metalwork done ready for refinish and complete for reassembly. And it's also one of the western delivery Dodges from the February batch that for some reason unknown didn't get built, or got rebuilt on a fresh body after a possible February transport catastrophe in May, 90 days later. Door sticker doesn't match tag schedule. Same as every other Dodge SC in this vin range. But that still doesn't answer the Overdrive Elephant in the Room. Could this be the absolute Holy Grail of Super Coupes? Galen Govier said long ago that statistically there should have been Kit Cars made for the Canadian market with OD, but said they would have been 318 cars which didn't fit with the 43 package. I've seen some really strange stuff in documenting the 67 package and am torn as to whether to believe this without the numbers trans and after reconstruction. I think that basically I would want to see the shifter cut out in the floor from both sides with my own eyes and feel it with my own hand. But I'm ready to be a Believer!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Dodge-...IAAOSwctddGRc0
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Member Badvert65's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    You could only get the automatic behind the 360. You could get a 4 speed (3 speed w/overdrive) behind the 318. If it is a factory stick, it is a 318 not a 360. I tried to get a 360 stick back in 77, and again in 78 but it was a no go.
    Jus sayin.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    There's a discussion about this car on For f/m/j-bodies Only, started by a member that knows more about f-bodies than most. As mentioned, there is no such thing as a 4-speed SC (or any model with a 360). In the photo's you can see the cobbled in clutch shaft brackets. For the right price (NOT $12,000) a 4-speed conversion would be no big deal but on a SC that's being advertised as original and a so called "one of one",,,,,,,,,,I see scam and wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot pole. What else is bogus??? Is it even a real SC? Legitimate questions in this case.

https://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/cla...er-coupe.8543/
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Well I'd say that previous ad makes it pretty clear that a new fictitious tag was made for the 3spOD code. Surprised nobody has flagged it yet. I guess the characters on the tag do look a little fat also. And I'm not sure what the C is in C6X9. All the standard black non-reclining low back bucket seat interiors I've seen were designated D6X9.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Bogus, fake, scam, crook, unscrupulous owner, and many other terms I could use. Who's to say it hasn't had the VIN tag swapped to a different body or a plain Jane car made into an SC? It's all just too fishy. Stay away,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,far away! lol
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Junior Member
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aspen79 View Post
    There's a discussion about this car on For f/m/j-bodies Only, started by a member that knows more about f-bodies than most. As mentioned, there is no such thing as a 4-speed SC (or any model with a 360). In the photo's you can see the cobbled in clutch shaft brackets. For the right price (NOT $12,000) a 4-speed conversion would be no big deal but on a SC that's being advertised as original and a so called "one of one",,,,,,,,,,I see scam and wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot pole. What else is bogus??? Is it even a real SC? Legitimate questions in this case.

https://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/cla...er-coupe.8543/
    Sir the z bar bracket is stock ,where it was mounted on the wheel well was ovaled out , i repaired it with a heavey duty bracket that i made its custom wont wear out and i needed a little more room to service the clips , all the parts on the car are stock . i would love to make a hole paragraph about the car and it history . but im not going to chage ur mind no mattted what i do . so if u dont have a nice comment say nothing thanks

United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aspen79 View Post
    Bogus, fake, scam, crook, unscrupulous owner, and many other terms I could use. Who's to say it hasn't had the VIN tag swapped to a different body or a plain Jane car made into an SC? It's all just too fishy. Stay away,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,far away! lol
    Sir all the hidden vin are there the fender tag is correct !!!! would love to make a whole paragraph about the car and it history . but im not going to chage ur mind no mattted what i do . so if u dont have a nice comment say nothing thanks

United States
    Thanks
    1n 1984 i bought a factory 76 aspen rt with a 360 4 speed , it was all stock and orderd from dodge in 75 from a family member it was all original 360 2bbl 4 speed

United States
    Thanks
    Sir the the car is legit , all the parts on the car are stock . i would love to make a hole paragraph about the car and it history . but im not going to change ur mind no mattted what i do . so if u dont have a nice comment say nothing thanks . keep your incorrect opinions to ur self !! GOD BLESS

United States
    Thanks
    Sir the the car is legit , all the parts on the car are stock . i would love to make a whole paragraph about the car and it history . but im not going to change ur mind no mattted what i do . so if u dont have a nice comment say nothing thanks . keep your incorrect opinions to ur self !! GOD BLESS