Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting old................

United States
    Thanks
    The easiest way to fix this problem is to narrow down your scope. I had my 72 Crew cab and my Aspen. I didn't have enough time and money to invest in both projects so I sold the truck. And now the trucks engine.
    Now I can invest what time and money I do have in one project.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Many moons ago I was in the too many car projects boat. Had an '81 D150 DD, then the Aspen, along with a '66 Dart GT (273 4 brl, 4-speed, factory disc, etc) and a '66 Dart 2 door post with exactly one option, the 225 S6 over the base 170 and let's not forget the '51 Plymouth Cranbrook Business Coupe street rod project. Well, aside from buying a house in '97, I also narrowed the vehicle fleet. The truck had to stay, needed a truck and the Aspen was never even considered to get sold so, the '51 Dodge and both Dart's had to go. Time, money and with the house, the space to keep them all. Previously I rented a house and it was in the country. Only a 2 car garage but tons of space and no neighbors to potentially complain. Nowdays, I can't stand to have anything be parked outside, at least overnight so, that means 3 vehicles is my limit. One "hot rod" (Aspen), one summer DD ('08 Mustang) and one winter DD ('96 Dakota). The Dakota does come out in the summer if needed to do truck stuff but the Mustang (and of course Aspen) NEVER come out after the first salting of the roads. Mustang is no project, the Aspen is "done" so the Dakota is sort of an ongoing project to keep me from getting bored, lol. It's almost 24 years old and 170,000 miles so it's always something and rust,,,,,,,,,,,,,it never sleeps and that is a never ending project to repair every summer. Aside from that, there's the yard, the house which still needs tons of work, the cracked sewer lateral, the dormer roof that's way past it's prime, the chimney cap, and let's not forget the odd ball storm window for the non-standard size window in the shed dormer, finding out why my backyard is sinking in the middle, where that bottomless hole in the same area goes, finding out why the front yard is humping up in the middle more and more every year, fixing the bathroom sink drain so I can use the sink again, along with a whole bunch of other tings I can't think of right now, and the older I get, the longer it takes to do things simply because I can't move like I used to. To top it all off, the county is changing my address number from a 4-digit one to six so I have to notify everybody of my new address. Is there any more crap that could be piled on........................AAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHHH HHH! It never ends, does it? LOL
    Last edited by aspen79; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:33 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar1 View Post
    The easiest way to fix this problem is to narrow down your scope. I had my 72 Crew cab and my Aspen. I didn't have enough time and money to invest in both projects so I sold the truck. And now the trucks engine.
    Now I can invest what time and money I do have in one project.
    You plan on getting that project out and driving it this year? There's been years I only get about 400 combined miles on all/ any of my cars, but I make sure to exersize them at least a little every year. Just got back from cruising the back roads we've never been down 10 to 20 miles from home between villages for an hour and more in the Doba. If that Wisconsin rain doesn't find it's way in this direction tomorrow we'll take CC out and head a different direction just to enjoy the pipes over the sound of the radio for a while.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aspen79 View Post
    Many moons ago I was in the too many car projects boat. Had an '81 D150 DD, then the Aspen, along with a '66 Dart GT (273 4 brl, 4-speed, factory disc, etc) and a '66 Dart 2 door post with exactly one option, the 225 S6 over the base 170 and let's not forget the '51 Plymouth Cranbrook Business Coupe street rod project. Well, aside from buying a house in '97, I also narrowed the vehicle fleet. The truck had to stay, needed a truck and the Aspen was never even considered to get sold so, the '51 Dodge and both Dart's had to go. Time, money and with the house, the space to keep them all. Previously I rented a house and it was in the country. Only a 2 car garage but tons of space and no neighbors to potentially complain. Nowdays, I can't stand to have anything be parked outside, at least overnight so, that means 3 vehicles is my limit. One "hot rod" (Aspen), one summer DD ('08 Mustang) and one winter DD ('96 Dakota). The Dakota does come out in the summer if needed to do truck stuff but the Mustang (and of course Aspen) NEVER come out after the first salting of the roads. Mustang is no project, the Aspen is "done" so the Dakota is sort of an ongoing project to keep me from getting bored, lol. It's almost 24 years old and 170,000 miles so it's always something and rust,,,,,,,,,,,,,it never sleeps and that is a never ending project to repair every summer. Aside from that, there's the yard, the house which still needs tons of work, the cracked sewer lateral, the dormer roof that's way past it's prime, the chimney cap, and let's not forget the odd ball storm window for the non-standard size window in the shed dormer, finding out why my backyard is sinking in the middle, where that bottomless hole in the same area goes, finding out why the front yard is humping up in the middle more and more every year, fixing the bathroom sink drain so I can use the sink again, along with a whole bunch of other tings I can't think of right now, and the older I get, the longer it takes to do things simply because I can't move like I used to. To top it all off, the county is changing my address number from a 4-digit one to six so I have to notify everybody of my new address. Is there any more crap that could be piled on........................AAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHHH HHH! It never ends, does it? LOL
    LMAO! Sounds like a RANT to me!

Hey, I bet you never considered that the hole in the back yard leads to the hump in the front yard did ya?

Good luck remembering your new address!
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    You could be right about the hole/hump correlation! lol Back yard sinks, front yard gets a big hump,,,,,,,,,,,,,hmmmmmmmmmmm. It all does make me wonder what the ef is going on underground.

That new address.........The county decided to go with uniform addressing for all RURAL addresses and made Rib Mt. join in on it. The majority of Rib Mt. is anything but rural but the town took the case to the state supreme court, and lost. They said Rib Mt is not rural, just unincorporated but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. The address signs are going to look SO nice next to everyone's driveway. They're a blue "flag" sign on a metal post that the county installs. Could be worse I suppose, some people not only get a new address number, the name of their street gets changed also. It's to eliminate duplicate street names in the county to "enhance 911 EMS response times". Whatever........... It's really going to screw up all the hundreds of businesses in Rib Mt. They have to change everything that has their address printed on and electronic things as well. I think it's all a big cluster f-word but nothing we can do but live with it and move on, right?
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver