Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting old................

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks

Getting old................

Anyone else getting older???? LOL. For forever I felt like it was fine to put stuff off to tackle another day or skip a event and saying to yourself I`ll catch it next time or take on multiple projects. It finally seems like I have gotten to a point where I feel forever no longer has no end in sight. Don`t take this wrong as I`m not feeling down or anything like that. I`m just being real. As I have gotten older I come to the realization that life doesn`t go on forever so I think I need to pick and choose projects since all of them won`t realistically ever get done. Plus my body doesn`t want to do what my mind says it can do. LOL What you all think?

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I can't disagree with any of that. The part of getting older that I really hate is it seems so often "the mind is willing, the body is not". The question I'm looking for an answer to is, why is it the older you get, the faster time goes by? I turned 16 in February 1980 and did drivers ed classroom in the second semester of that year. I had to wait for the on the road part until summer (too many students, not enough instructors and cars). So that meant it was almost 6 months from the time I turned 16 until I got an actual drivers license. Longest 6 months in history! Now, 6 months goes by before I know what happened and I don't like it.

Thirty years ago, I could work a full time job from 8-5, then a part time from 6pm until whenever (2am sometimes), go home and to bed. Get up at 6am the next morning and do it all over again, day after day, no problem. Now, I'm lucky if I can stay awake past 9pm.
    Last edited by aspen79; 07-26-2019 at 05:28 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Yup.

We grow too soon old and too late smart.

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I duno what's going on. I had twice the energy to get stuff done just two years ago.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doublechaz View Post
    Yup.

We grow too soon old and too late smart.
    I got old but never got smart . LOL

United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattle Trap View Post
    I duno what's going on. I had twice the energy to get stuff done just two years ago.
    Same here.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator kent's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    I know all about it. I still have that Charger to put together if I can ever get it painted and brought home. I have to finish it before I'm pushing daisies. lol
    1980 roadrunner

United States
    Thanks
    I used to be able to work all week and then come the weekend, go from sun up to sun down, and beyond, doing stuff around home. Work on the house and yard, the cars, etc. Now it seems, I hardly ever get jack squat done on Saturday's. All I feel like doing is laying around and sleeping. One of those times when the mind is willing but the body has other plans.

United States
    Thanks
    Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I never needed to repair or maintain anything. It seems every day something needs attention. Whether it is home, yard, vehicle, computer or self maintenance. Something always needed. It is like i`m always on the look out for something to fiddle with.

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    It's always something man. I had a luke warm shower last Wednesday then after coffee went down to get the last section of hose to reach the garage and wash the Doba before detailing for Monster, and found about 40 gallons of hot water on the floor. Which turned into an all day affair of replacing the 24yr old water heater. But the real problem is that in all my texting groups by mutual association of body style, geography, and mutual interests, people just seem to be fighting to give a care about getting things done anymore. It's not just age, or location or stage of what they're doing. I don't know what's up but am starting to wonder about that whole chemtrail business of spray medicating us. Crazy as it sounds, there's a lot of people being effected by the same problem suddenly. And I'm not without noticing those new black trails. I duno. I'll just keep plugging away as I see fit. It's not like I know something else to do. Go to work, fix this, fix that, play in the garage, work in the garage, mow the lawn, repeat...
    Volare Magnet