Thread: Spotted an actual F-body today

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks

Spotted an actual F-body today

As it says, I spotted an f-body today. I was road testing a car at work, on the streets behind the shop when it happened. Isn't it weird how even if you aren't looking, you drive past a house and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"swear I just saw an Aspen or Volare" out of the corner of your eye. Went around the block and sure enough. From what I could see, without looking like I was casing the joint or stalking (lol), it's a '78 Volare coupe judging by the taillights. They were Volare and had amber signals. Looks fairly decent, as in not rotted, at least none that was obvious Had a different r.f. fender that I could see, no idea about the other fender or hood (maybe a different front clip?). I'd never noticed it before so assuming it's a recent addition. Was kind of tough to get a real good look, it was in a driveway, in front of another vehicle, between two houses. No plates on it.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Somebody in the area has a new project! Cool! Time to go make a new friend.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Well, it appears like that anyways. I'll see if anything happens with it or if it just sits there in the same spot.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    The Explorer that was behind the F-body was gone today and I noticed the Volare has a 3 piece rear spoiler but no 1/4 louvers, just chrome trim. Maybe it's a Roadrunner(?)

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator kent's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    Good time to get a picture don't you think??
    1980 roadrunner

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Rear spoiler was only optional without louvers on a Fun Runner in 78 to my knowledge. Not a Road Runner, but the package renamed and recoded as Duster in 79.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Don't ask me how I saw Volare taillights on the car. Got a better look today and,,,,,,,,,,,,Aspen, still '78 though (at least the taillights are anyway). Also, a camper at the house next door was gone today and I got a better look at the side of the car. It has what I'm 99% sure is the classic F-body add on, the dual snorkel scoop. It still hasn't moved from it's spot though.