Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: WHAT kind of Project?

Aspen and Volare Junior Member
    United States
    Thanks
    I know this thread has been out a while. I am new to the page, and I do own 2 F bodies, however I am also working on a 66 B body fast back charger. I love these cars and am not just an F body guy. It looks as though I have found my place for cars, and trucks. I am also putting together a 76 dent side F 150 for my wife, I just love cars as my way to get out and do something, while helping preserve a piece of our history. Thanks for just being car guys!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Never Lucky Mopars For This Useful Post:

Rattle Trap (1 Week Ago)

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Thats what it's always been about to me. Being a car guy. Even if somebody else's build tastes or brand choice are different than my own. If we were only interested or enjoyed, or at least have a little respect for the work going into things other than F-bodies, none of us would ever go to any local car shows or cruise in's. But I think most people, from the Mopar or No Car, to the guy who's just got his first Mopar could all agree its more about enjoyable friendships. And many of us do also have other interests. So as long as it's not spilling out into the other forums here I'm welcoming to all things that keep the Hot Rodding Spirit alive. Might have to change your handle "Never Lucky". Lol! Welcome aboard. I've got a couple dentsides and a brick myself.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Rim guard is very easy to install after wiping with alcohol. I'll let it sit a couple days in the sun to get a good bonding as it seems to be a "3M wanna-be" pull tape. That may be why they stressed allowing adequate bonding time before driving.

Anxious to see what this will look like with the red Cobra center caps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201014_144953.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	6461

Name:	20201014_145007.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	6462

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Looking at the before and after, it looks MUCH better with the red. Before the rim and tire were basically a big black blob (you know what I mean).
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Good news, bad news.... Good = The center cap emblems just arrived. Bad = I'm not sure about the bonding of the rim guard, just not getting any bite that I can feel. we'll see tomorrow.

Name:	20201014_180258.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	6463

Name:	20201014_180310.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	6464

United States
    Thanks
    Weeelllllllllll........ It feels as though the rim guard is not getting bite. I went to the different tuner forums and it and many of them recommend drops of superglue. That will not happen with my new rims. I'll give it another day to "bond." But I'm not optimistic.

I'm sold on the look. So my next step will be to see if there are any anyone around me can do pin stripes.
    Last edited by Stalkervette; 1 Week Ago at 11:46 AM.

United States
    Thanks
    You're not taking it Muddin. It does add a nice accent to the wheels too. I'd think about some E6000 adhesive that won't scar your wheels and remains flexible enough to be on your beads.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Thank sucks that it isn`t sticking well enough. You would think that they would have made a good enough product for proper adhesion or they shouldn`t sell it.

United States
    Thanks
    It literally fell off one wheel.

United States
    Thanks
    I didn't look into the product further, it's just an exterior stick on? I ran into the same problem with the stick on front spoiler on my Charger not holding on. But I kinda figured this would be like a piece of small diameter tubing with a split down it and you shoved into the rim bead. That would actually work. But trying to put a simple piece of vinyl to the outside of a rim? Pinstripe time.
    Volare Magnet