Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rattle Traps

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Awe that's just your 150,000 Sq ft underground home / garage / fallout shelter, taking up that water til you get it stabilized!
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattle Trap View Post
    Awe that's just your 150,000 Sq ft underground home / garage / fallout shelter, taking up that water til you get it stabilized!
    Hmmm, never thought of that. You could be correct! lol
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Are there any geological attractions in your area? Even any glacial grooves? I'd think you may have something there worth investigating and possibly retiring on.

Here's a couple of the things around here. There are more caves, caverns, and geological attractions on the mainland, but these out on the islands interest me to mention partly because while many people go see them every year, I don't really go island hopping often at all. This year I'd really like to go see a few of the attractions I've yet to visit in the southern part of the state.

https://www.kelleysislandchamber.com...acial-grooves/

https://putinbay.com/pib-activites/crystal-cave/
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:11 AM.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Confessing that I really became a pig over 2020. It started with such promise. Cut 3 coupes up in the spring for parts. Traded one off so at least rotated what was sitting here. But I was also first I knew to be out on the roads in an F-body the 1st weekend of March! I'd already had the Rona and while it was a B*, I didn't think much of it. And then TSHTF and I just lost all motivation until talking with a new friend kinda changed my perspective over the past several months.

Still have too many cars and even more too many parts. Just found another set of nearly new rear spring boxes today. Still have sets of louvers and seats and tail lights and about 15 cubic feet of bagged and tagged parts to inventory, all just sitting out covered in dust now. Garage is so piled up that I can barely get any work done in the bright side but that's finally changing now. I didn't even bother and just cut the last 2 cars for salvage parts right in the driveway.

I'm sure this looks like the sort of disaster that would drive you guys crazy, but it's a major improvement and feels good to have one! I'll have a 12x26 work area within a couple more hours.

So how about somebody buy some parts!!???!!

I need More Space and I'm ready to deal on whatever crazy stuff I've got.

F-body ... M-body ... for crying out loud I'm looking at a coffin motorcycle gas tank right now!

Cmon... help move some of this stuff from my garage to your car!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210524_171525.jpg  
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Any idea if the spring boxes for 4 or 5 leaf

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Marked 4 leaf. As I recall, they're off a 8.25 tho so would only need the 1/4" spacers to work on 5. For that matter I could probably make the spacers up and weld them on even. It's not a big deal.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Let me know what you want for them. I can the make spacers no problem.

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Another guy was just showing me today how he's managed to successfully repeat stuffing 5 leaves into 4 leaf boxes. Says he hits the insides of the boxes with the maroon scotchbrite wheel to smooth them then oils the rubber bushings good and squishes them in slowly from all 4 corners. His boxes weren't even distorted from the torque. I guess that's also a good way to firm up that rubber to where it might perform more like Poly.
    Volare Magnet