Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Super Coupe (My Way)

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    We put extra weld and preload into the reconstruction. Not to the point of eliminating factory fold points, but enough to add strength for an engine with more torque. Pass side aprons which are so typically poorly welded too. Was a little glad for the rust creating access for improvement and he added 4 extra spot welds to the outer transition panel. It looked like he'd only had to drill one of them all the way out and the other existing ones just popped right off, once I got in there for a look. So typical, and now fixed as it always should have been. You get under a late 80's car and there will be 8 welds there where our cars got one or two good ones out of 4. Makes a difference.

I left a few clues that I'd been in there but you can't really be certain what was done by them. He's welcome to erase the little evidence later.

Needs rocker patches now so the torque isn't being transmitted solely thru those other avenues. Couple quick sheet bends and weekend projects ahead. Great thing about a Super Coupe is the lower black paint makes it very easy to break repairs into easy segmented driveway projects of only as much as you figure on getting done.

Then it will make a great road car.ⁿ
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 77blue on blue's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I see the Gingerbilly beat me to posting about last weekend progress at his place in the Flat lands. I did get the K-frame dropped and painted this weekend and its ready for its rebuilt 360.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210602_200337~2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	257.3 KB 
ID:	6800Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210531_191404.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	6799
    1977 Dodge Aspen Sport Coupe, 1980 Aspen R/T clone, 1979 Volare Wagon Premier, 1972 D300 Camper Special Crew Cab, 1993 Plymouth Sundance Duster, 1990 W150, 1986 Ramcharger

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well it has been over a week...

Geez... I even sent the stuff you left behind already.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hey AKK, what am I looking at here? Neither of these items are familiar to me.

As for eye opening, you just can't allow yourself to be scared. That's how you end up at my place watching how easy it is. But I'm also always glad for an opportunity to pass that knowledge. Just not on some crazy schedule that makes my knee disappear from the walking equation randomly and turns into five days of intense hip pain begore just going away too. That was most of a week worth of two men working, in two days. And I'm all Danny Glover on that from now on... Not that I wouldn't take a week off to enjoy your company and send that knowledge east too. That's just what we people in the far western rolling hills leading to Appalachia do. Be a tougher road here for you from the east than any flat lander from west of here to well past Chigago tho. If you came in a week ahead of the wedding we could always just show up for it only half able to walk or stand and with the black hands and fingernails of accomplishment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20210604-210405_Chrome.jpg  
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Rolling hills? You own the only two hills in Ohio... dang flatlanders
    1977 Dodge Aspen Sport Coupe, 1980 Aspen R/T clone, 1979 Volare Wagon Premier, 1972 D300 Camper Special Crew Cab, 1993 Plymouth Sundance Duster, 1990 W150, 1986 Ramcharger

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 77blue on blue For This Useful Post:

Rattle Trap (2 Weeks Ago)

Aspen and Volare Junior Member F'n Collector's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Without going out and checking the car Matt, id say thats part of the engine bay harness hanging down, but if its not I honestly have no clue lol! I almost gave you a call 2 weeks ago, we were in Youngstown OH for dinner on our trip for the new pup, but it was late and I believe 2 more hours west to you? Either way, we were cooked and had 9 hours to travel back east the next morning. Would love to schedule a visit sometime though

United States
    Thanks
    Grabbed a pic of the rebuilt thermoquad on the rebuilt E-58 360. Gonna dress the motor this week and get the champion 3 core installed. Also snagged a picture of the lady's wagon because she has been hiding it this year

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210606_152000~2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	6813Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210607_203917~2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	6812

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That engine looks so Sweet! Looking forward to hearing it run soon! All the effort you put into making the bay nice to frame it properly is really paying off too.

How are things coming with Penny? Get any answers you wanted to hear yet?
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    A penny for your thoughts. LOL

Aspen and Volare Senior Member DCAspen's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks Great,Keep the updates coming.