Thread: V8 radiator and shroud NO ac

Aspen and Volare Senior Member bnichols's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks

V8 radiator and shroud NO ac

Guys looking for a V8 radiator and shroud no ac should be a small radiator, shroud should have part number 3869836 on it looked all over new radiator is not available will buy outright or have a new 26" aluminum radiator and 26" shroud to swap need help the R/T needs to stretch it's legs thanks

United States
    Thanks
    I should have a shroud. On the radiator, if you find a used one . You could have it recored.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member bnichols's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Please let me know on the shroud, thanks

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If you have a 26, use it. A 360 will especially like it!
    To make a factory 22 fit a 26" and look correct you need a T square, 3/8 drill bit or spot weld cutter from HF, a cut off wheel, wide jaw vise grips, and maybe a welder.

Remove the bulged inward sections 1 5/8" wide on pass side, and 2 1/4" wide on driver. Hammer the remaining flat to support against a dolly or even a block of wood if you don't have body tools. Use the wide jaw to bend a new lip 1/8" wide forward. Then simply replace the square nuts you cut out of the old pieces. Shazam you have a 26" core support.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200717_125407.jpg  
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Brett, here's some more details on that with pix I can't send by message to help you.

When you're done you'll have an actual opening of 27-1/4" with your mounting locations 7/8" outboard on each side to a total of 29" c/c. The opening based on your car's construction will be approx, 1/4" inboard of the faceplate capping the front of the pass side unibody rail, and 1" toward center from driver side. See pix and note there is some slop in these cars construction. Bottom holes should be about 3/4" up from those rail end caps however this one is 11/16" on pass side. From there, place your radiator in and mark your top hole locations to cut open. I've got 8-3/4" up on driver side and 8-1/8" up on pass side. I really dont recall if they're different for application but this is from an AC car so may be. I always just slide the rad in on the installed bottom bolts and mark for top so it fits that car for sure.

Sorry if the pix go sideways, the site orients to landscape so I expect it's going to crane your neck...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200717_173841.jpg   20200717_173858.jpg  
    Volare Magnet