Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vinyl top treatment

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77superpak's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks

Vinyl top treatment

The vinyl top on my Volare is looking a little sad. Not really faded but a dull appearance. I tried applying a protectant to it. It looks great for about a week. The top should probably be replaced buy I have more important things to work on. Does anyone have a recommendation of something to apply that might last longer?

United States
    Thanks
    This stuff works pretty good https://www.chemicalguys.com/vrp-vin...per-shine.html I used it on my hot tub cover that was faded and it is still holding up nicely.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 77rr2x4s For This Useful Post:

Stalkervette (08-17-2020)

United States
    Thanks
    No other responses?? Just to let you know I usually don`t recommend products because many times others can have different experiences but this stuff seems to be a step above the other things I have tried.

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ive heard good things about chemical guys. But I've never used anything personally that lasted for long.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm sold on CG products across the board, and they literally have a product for every application. If you watch their site, they have great holiday sales. If you have a question about application you can call and speak with a real person, great customer service.

I do have some Meguire products on the shelf - I use that on the tractor, heat pump, tool box and other odds & ends.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200820_121403.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	6419

United States
    Thanks
    Give them a call or text and discuss your situation.

866-822-3670

https://www.chemicalguys.com/home

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    All I know is what NOT to use. Many moons ago I had a car with a vinyl top. Back in the '80's choices were limited so I used Armor-All. Looked good until,,,,,,,,,,,,,it rained. Oily streaks down the windos and side of the car. Lesson learned.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aspen79 View Post
    All I know is what NOT to use. Many moons ago I had a car with a vinyl top. Back in the '80's choices were limited so I used Armor-All. Looked good until,,,,,,,,,,,,,it rained. Oily streaks down the windos and side of the car. Lesson learned.
    I think we all learned this lesson the hard way. Mine was on a 70 Galaxie 500 XL sport roof - black roof over teal body. Looked great until the first rain, took forever to get clean.

That car had great body lines, especially with the sport roof.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    As easily as the rain seemed to wash the Armor All off the roof, it sure was a b*tch getting it off the glass and paint.

Never tried it on a vinyl roof but I did use 303 Protectant on the vinyl tonneau cover on my Dakota for a while. Seemed to hold up in the rain fairly good with only VERY minor streaking, which washed right off. After being in the rain, it needed to be washed anyways but it still wasn't ideal for outside use.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77superpak's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I had some tire dressing in my cabinet so I thought what the hell. It's there and I already paid for it. It looked fantastic at first but again only lasted for about a week. I saw in the store that product you see on TV for making sun faded trim black again. The mini van has some faded black pieces so I might try that.