Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ID this front tag bracket Please

United States
    Thanks

ID this front tag bracket Please

I thinking this may be a M body or something close. Anyone know what it fits? The part number on the bracket doesn`t show up. I assume it is because most tag brackets came as a kit with nuts, screws and instructions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails frttaga.jpg   frttag.jpg  

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sure looks similar to one. My 87 doesn't have a PN on it at all tho. And the frame is thinner. Less actual steel used. I'd guess it's for a mid 70's Late-B or possibly even R-body. But that also makes me wonder if front license plate brackets were a dealer accessory item, since they were only used in states where required.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    It looks similar to the one my '78 Cordoba had. It bolted on the bottom of the bumper like that one. That was 25 years ago so I'm only going by my fuzzy memory at this point.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Others were saying M body but it looked different to me. This is suppose to be a M body one and it looks like it would work but not the same to me. https://nationalmoparts.com/fmjr-bod...ategory_id=449 I will research a B body one and see if can come up with a pic.
    Last edited by 77rr2x4s; 1 Week Ago at 07:50 PM.

United States
    Thanks
    Matt, I know the dealers installed them as they were in a plastic bag in the trunk usually. They came with instructions plastic nuts and screws. Some may not have gotten ordered for a car going to states without a front tag( i don`t know). The couple of NOS ones I found had the part number on the bracket as being is different from the yellow or white paper instructions that came with the plate. No idea why. I assume it was because it was a kit?

United States
    Thanks
    I think you are correct about the p/n. The one on the bracket itself is is for that part and with the inserts and screws and any other mounting hardware, it would be a package p/n shown only on the plastic bag it came in. I worked at new car dealerships for 23 years and only cars ordered in a front plate state got the bracket pkg in the trunk (if it used a front plate bracket that is). If one came from a no plate state on a dealer trade or something, parts would have to order it.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    The factory automatically put them in the trunk before shipment depending on what state the car was ordered from. The dealer had nothing to do with the plate as far as ordering one with the car.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

United States
    Thanks
    At least they were supposed to come with a bracket when ordered in a front plate state, lol. I remember a few that they "forgot". Along the same lines as an F-150 that had XL trim on one side and XLT on the other. Quality control........................................

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Details....
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 1 Week Ago at 06:52 AM.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    That bracket looks really familiar but you are talking about 40 years ago and I certainly didn't pay any attention to the brackets when I performed a PDI, I just put the damn thing on and after the PDI was done it was out of my work bay until the next one came along.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack