Thread: Demone Toro

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Demone Toro

Monthly Contest topic on a group I'm in is Kitbash Custom. It's the May Mash Up! Two distinctly different vehicles must be shown in the result.

Not sure what I got when I ordered portobello's last night. Tasted terrible and gave me really bad ideas...

"What - If" '71 Wing car, with a modern euro twist. Mid mounted Hellcat Demon AWD, rolling on 20x14 Brass Monkeys of my own making.

Mopar Mash Up Time! Get Ready to Ruuuumble !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210503_190913.jpg  
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 3 Days Ago at 08:06 AM.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Day 1 work.

Parts selection complete. Monogram '71 Roadrunner main body, '18 Hellcat Diecast provides interior. Lamborghini Diablo AWD chassis to stretch and reconfigure. Plus Aventador body panels to modify onto the '71. No Lego type 'Quick Build' construction here.

And last but not least of parts I don't have to make myself, an Iceman Collections Hellcat Demon resin printed engine.
    Fun Fact, the Hellcat dash fits the Lambo windshield almost perfectly.

Don't worry, this old body doesn't do any actual physical work on most weekdays, and never a Tuesday, so at the bench ...

Work Done

Engine cover panel liberated from it's assembly part, Lego block cut off, and piece located to body. Used that to locate the Aventador roof recess panel cut loose from it's assembly part and installed to the cut to fit '71 roof.
    With the roof solidly in place and a temporary brace across where the base of rear window had been, work can now continue to the rear. This has to be accomplished to locate the critical element of the build next after.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210504_180504.jpg   20210504_193833.jpg  
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 3 Days Ago at 08:24 PM.
    Volare Magnet