Thread: Beep-Beep! 1977 Triple green roadrunner

Aspen and Volare Junior Member F'n Collector's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks

Beep-Beep! 1977 Triple green roadrunner

After MANY years of collecting parts from all over, I've finally found myself a green Roadrunner! I have been sitting on near perfect mettalic green SE interior, along with 77 volare NOS parts for quite sometime waiting patiently for a green interior, green paint/green stripe car to arise. Its in awesome shape for a 77 with minimal rust repair. VERY original car. My plans are to restore the exterior to factory paint scheme with fresh paint and new stripes, with a very unseen and custom added Green vinyl canopy top. I also will be adding super pack flares/spoiler/louvers. Inside will get my mettalic green SE interior, and most likely mettalic green standard vinyl highback buckets.(Reupolstered SE highbacks in green might be out of my budget). The car is a 318 2 barrel auto on the coloumn which will be tinkered with, im going to replace the auto trans with a 69 dart 4 speed I have laying around and 8 3/4 sure grip. With minor mods to wake up that 318, I see this being my favorite car in my F body collection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4959.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	6767Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4960.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	6768

2. The Following User Says Thank You to F'n Collector For This Useful Post:

Rattle Trap (05-25-2021)

United States
    Thanks
    That is /was the color of my 77 RR. Mine has black interior. My 76 RR ( no longer have) was green but a lighter shade and had a white interior. If interested I have a complete set of the reproduction green stripes that I bought quite some years ago and I will sell since I am going to paint my car blue and I am going use the blue stripes. The repro green stripes are close but not exact in color.

United States
    Thanks
    PM sent

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That's beautiful and I just know you're going to do incredible things with that Beeper! Been a really long time coming man...

But if that load showed up at my place I'd want to know more about that crazy Mercedes derby car too!
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    I have had my eyes open for one since 2013 and honestly didn't think I'd find a real one without cloning, Especially in such savable shape! Got compliments in traffic from people passing by digging the bird on the way home.��Really am eager to start on this one as I collect parts for the other odd balls. I havent forgotten my dear Sport wagon, that o'l girl is just dying for some love and attention!

-not sure what the story was on that yellow car on the trailer was, I think it was headed down south

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sport Wagon will make a great hauler for any of your collection! Say, I've got a set of rear springs here that I bet you would like to have for that. Super HD! But you're really going to bite the bullet eventually and recognize that to truly use it as a tow car safely in today's environment, you'll need to go with larger diameter rims and some LT tires.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Not to mention stiffening up frame rails! Thats ALOT of weight for a stock wagon to pull, even with super HD springs.

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I suppose a set of subframe connectors would be in order. Those floor fitting ones from ART have always interested me in being able to keep a stock floor pan. Guess it wouldn't be hard to add 4" at the rear or even have them make them that way in the first place.

Along with rear springs, I'd be wanting at least the Street/ Strip torsion bars from Firm Feel. I was told that they'll still make them even tho only showing the Race bars online, since everything is made to order. Id probably go ahead and get those and stick them in a later M reinforced K-member. Then if they weren't heavy enough to feel comfortable, stick them under the Roadrunner and get the even bigger ones. Equally importantly, I'd be looking at big disc brake kits. Everything Wilwood is Chevy bolt pattern but there are plenty of other options to get some 13" rotors and multi-piston calipers. As somebody who has smoked brake pads before, the braking system is one of the most important considerations to me. Any amount of power will get you moving. But being able to stop it again is most important. Being enveloped in white smoke rolling out of the wheel wells coming down a grade hot and heavy toward an intersection while blowing the horn and flashing the lights while even a manual transmission is practically no help only puts you at God's Mercy. I thought my truck was big enough and I crested the top slow enough just minutes before too... BRAKES!

But anyway, the plan for the Roadrunner sounds Great! Can't wait to start seeing that come along. Can't believe that thing is so Solid after all those years in the weeds. Soil and topography sure make a difference in whether something survives the years of neglect.

A Green Superpak is going to be pretty incredible! I've never seen one. Aside from "must code" Orange, I've seen plenty of Black and White, a few Yellow, even the one Blue A66 RR. Wonder if any Green were ever made? I bet you know a guy who'd have a good idea about that. Be even more fun doing this and knowing there hadn't been...
    Volare Magnet