Thread: Legendary SALE

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Legendary SALE

In case anybody wants to deal with some arrogant salesman who does deal in excellent 76-77 standard pattern seat covers that fit our cars perfectly.

Legendary Memorial Day Sale
    All Legendary Auto Interiors manufactured products are

Proudly made in the
    USA
    Upholstery and Door Panel Factory Installation
    Nobody installs our products better than our factory trained technicians!
    Protects your lifetime warranty.
    Lifetime warranty
    Only from Legendary Auto Interiors, Ltd.
    No additional cost / Nothing to send in / For as long as you own your car
    Hot new Products
    Check out our new products section at legendaryautointeriors.com
    Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm EST
    Call toll free 1-800-363-8804
    Fax toll free 1-800-732-8874
    email us at sales@legendaryautointeriors.com
    or see us online at www.legendaryautointeriors.com

THERE REALLY IS A DIFFERENCE!!
    if it's LEGENDARY, it's QUALITY!
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Nope, no way, not going to do it. You know why...............................
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just putting it out there bro. If you have an early car it's either dealing with those guys or paying double or more to get material from SMS and hope your local upholsterer is as good at copying what you have as Legendary is at stitching straight from perfect patterns. It is what it is regardless of how we feel about being treated like trash. I wonder if they talk to the Cuda guys the same way? I'd almost bet they do. But you can't argue with the quality.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Oh, I know their products are excellent but I just can't get past how I was talked down to by them all those years ago. It's one of those thing........ Besides, they don't have my pattern anyways or I actually might get past it and order the rear seat covers. Had my fronts done by a local, should say the ONLY local, upholstery shop we have here and he did a perfect, awesome, excellent job of duplicating the originals EXACTLY. Not a stitch out of place. Downside was, as you mentioned, it wasn't cheap. Both seats was about $1,500 and it took 4 months but you get what you pay for and I got my moneys worth, IMO.

P.S. my interior is from a '76 or '77 (forget which year) Volare. The 'Cuda guys would gasp, "it doesn't have the correct, numbers matching, date coded interior", LOL. The original was red with red plaid seat inserts. No offense to those that like the plaid interiors, but I thought it was fugly.
    Last edited by aspen79; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:42 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    The quality of some of the other covers out there are not as good for sure. Some others look like they stretch after use. I got them for my 73 Charger some years ago and they were really nice. I kinda wonder if the new legendary covers I recently bought have changed some in quality? They are thinner material than the old original covers.

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I would perhaps consider them, but their website is terrible. It lists nothing for our cars in the pulldowns. I didn't see a place to search. I don't feel like talking to someone who is going to treat me crappy to take a lot of my money.

Too bad for them, I'm in the market for carpet, 60/40 foams and covers, rear covers, material to do the dash, maybe some other stuff a skilled salesman could talk me into.

I've never done that before so I would be throwing myself at the mercy of the salesman.

United States
    Thanks
    I can only relate my experience with them personally. It was quite a few years ago, and I called JUST TO ASK if they made, or were thinking of making, upholstery for Aspen and Volare. The guy laughed, and in a very condecending tone said "no, we don't have anything for THOSE cars". To be honest, he was a prick that acted like I was an idiot and why would anyone want upholstery for an Aspen because it isn't a real Mopar. Felt like saying "f--- you a-hole (but uncensored), I was only asking". I didn't but said something to the effect of "you didn't have to be such a prick, I was only asking" and hung up, noisily. My grudge retention is usually about 2 minutes before I let it go. That was one of only two that's lasted until this day (Brad's NOS being the other). The fact that they don't list the one's they do have for F-body on their site, kind of shows to me that they haven't changed even 15 years later. Sorry, guess that was one more for "rants and raves" than here and other's may have had a better experience.

Anyways, they do seem to make some good products. Good product, bad customer service.
    Last edited by aspen79; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:51 PM.

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I remember all that. I agree that their site shows that they still have that attitude. I don't need what they have. I want some things, but that doesn't make me their slave to be abused for the chance to give them my money.
    I'm sure they will be fine dealing with whomever it is they think is worth their time.

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I've no doubt that everyone is truthful about their experiences with "Legendary" customer care. I can't say the only time I called them was terrible, but neither was it pleasant as expected. Maybe that's something our east coast friends could address in person at Carlisle. (!?)

I just keep putting the info out there to needle the company since they do provide what they claim. Despite the fact that they don't even make a claim on their lousy website anymore, or for several years now. It's not like they're the only ones who have our products but you have to know about them to get anything. Strange how companies do that. It seems cowardly to have put your quality into something but then not stand up and say you do that openly and honestly. I know that in person with a grip on someone's hand is truly the place to firmly make that point, without being the same sort of person that's treated others so poorly in the past from behind a telephone.

So just to put the info out there the PN system is as follows
    for 1976
    AA76CR00010 followed by 100 for black or 200 for white, without hyphen or anything. Just a solid string of characters.
    You have to watch out with the 100 and be specific, because I've seen some out there with the early 76 pewter centers. So although I didn't order that part number you need to be certain what you'd be getting if you have a car built after February 76 and you need black center sections.

For 1977 seats with the solid vinyl centers you would simply put 77 into the string instead of 76, like AA77CR00010100 for black.

I don't know any numbers for colors other than those but I do recall seeing Oxblood was available so I imagine green and blue would be also.

Like I said in making the post, if you want to deal with it.

Otherwise purely for your entertainment and information.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    If you don`t like dealing with Legendary than use Dantes https://dantesparts.com/. He sells the stuff Legendary has. Honestly I haven`t had any issues with Legendary that I remember.