Thread: Cars and their age

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks

Cars and their age

I was out in the garage giving my Mustang a little detailing and started thinking, which can be a scary thing as you all may know. Cars don't seem as old as they really are until you really think about it. The Mustang is a 2008 and to me, it seems almost new except it's over 13 years old (this Sept it'll turn 14). Doesn't seem like I've had it that long (and I haven't really), though was a tad over 4 years ago that I bought it and it really doesn't seem as old as it is. Then there's my '96 Dakota and it turns 26 on August 15th and I've had the darn thing 23 years. Then we have the '79 Aspen that turns 42 on June 23rd and I've owned it for a little over 34 years. Where does the time go? Funny, when I bought both the Aspen and Dakota, I never would have imagined they'd still be with me yet, and am glad I never sold either one.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I don't have so much trouble with saying a car is so old as I do with realizing that means I'm that much older too! Lol!
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Well, then there's that also. Especially when figuring the number of years you've owned a car. I was the ripe old age of 23 when I bought the Aspen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,34 years ago so, do the math, lol.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I've left most of my own past become cobweb covered fuzzy memories ever since the time when people started telling me they'd heard that one. But I was also 23 when I bought my Super Coupe, back in 91. And even if an exhilarating past is just another boring old man's story now, my youngest son is already chomping at the bit to start its rebuild from my having put it up just weeks after the 3 year loan on it was paid off. Hoping that a year and a half will have it ready for him to start making his own stories when he's old enough to drive.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    LOL, what is that commercial where you become your parents after buying a house? You got up early,,,,,,,,,nobody cares. Love that ad campaign. It's probably funny only because it's kind of true. The again, if I become my parents, that would be perfectly fine.

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I always laugh at that one too. Then it'll be followed up by the estrogen supplement commercial and the wife flips the Bird at the TV all the way thru it. LOL!

Hot Flashes and sudden bouts of rage? Why YES I Love them! LMBO!
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 06-02-2021 at 04:14 PM.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    That's better than having the TV on while you're eating dinner and an ad for some prescription med comes on, and mentions something like "if you have black, bloody or oily stools......" OK, I'm done eating now.

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    MMMMMmmmmmm!!!!! Grilled Brats in a traditional red sauce. My favorite! Just like grandpa used to make. Full of onions and hot and peppers with just enough sweets to open the taste buds!

LOL!

Reminds me of a joke about how white people not liking spicy foods is such a Bourgeois thing. Cuz every Redneck I know is getting hot sauces named things like @h*le Prolapse and S#!t Liquifier down at the "real" hardware store in town!

And another commercial about some "medical condition" (other than arthritis pain) that supposedly causes the Dropsies as we get older and only grip things as tight as we figure we need to, causing them to end up on the floor sometimes.

Yeah, and it has side effects of Suicidal Thoughts, Headaches, and Oily Stool! Well isn't THAT just Grand!? Just to stop dropping stuff I can get rid of the medicine headache without dropping the gun too, and not Prolapse on my way out!

Who makes this stuff up???

LMAO!!!!!
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, the side effects of some of that crap are worse than the condition it's supposed to be curing. Just don't forget, there's is no one normal for every man but if your normal isn't so normal anymore................lol If you don't know if your normal is normal because "it" doesn't work so well, there are pills to fix that so you can see if your normal is still normal. Where will it end?