Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: dash light bulbs

United States
    Thanks
    Ok put the 194 led`s in the three spots and those bulbs are much brighter. They are supposed to be a cool white what ever that means but they look like a clear bright to me. I am going to button it up like that and see what it looks like. Thanks for the advice all.

United States
    Thanks
    Well the bulbs are plenty bright but they are blue in color once installed and buttoned up. Not blue when plugged in without the speedo. I ordered cool 6500K so I guess they look blue?? Would the cob bulb been different? I didn`t really want a blue color. Any thoughts?

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Are you using the little blue caps?
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Where are the blue caps? None on the bulbs for sure. What color are your original dash (speedo cluster) lights at night on your car? Are they tinted? BTW, If you look at the link posted here for superbrightleds. Look at the bulb color when ordering, even though it shows them as white, the Cool color is tinted blue on 6500K. Natural 4000k shows no color and Warm 3000k has a yellow tint. I talked to suberbrightleds and they didn`t really have a answer other than to try 194 COB leds. Chaz was saying he used those bulbs and they were no brighter. So I am kinda at a loss on what to think. Should I try Natural 4000k???

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    If the LED's aren't the same color temperature as incandescents, they may end up being a different color through the green diffusers. Seems a lot of led bulbs are more florescent light looking for color than actually white. Kind of like a cool white vs warm white?

I never checked to see if the COB led's are available in green or not. I used blue and left the diffusers off of the cluster. I like COB since the light is dispersed like a regular bulb instead of being more like a spot light with the old style LED.

I got curious and did a quick check and, they do make them in green. No idea if it's "stock" green shade or not though.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    The lights were so dim I don`t really know what color it was prior to changing the bulbs. Just dark I guess. LOL Apparently, those bulbs must change the color of the dash as Superbrightleds suggested to just buy a couple of different variations to see it you can get somethings close to what I was looking for.
    Last edited by 77rr2x4s; 06-21-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I go about 3500k if I want it to look incandescent. Higher than that is blue. 6500k would be BLUE. So many people want it that way these days, but 3500k is much better for indirect lighting like in our clusters.