Thread: 2 speed wiper motor not working

United States
    Thanks

2 speed wiper motor not working

The last show I attended it started to rain right after we left to go home. I tried the wipers and nothing. Today, I checked the switch out and it appeared to be good. I checked power to the motor and I had juice. I pulled the motor off and it was full of corrosion and gunk. No wonder it didn`t work. I have a old one and I tested it and it works. I cleaned up and painted it so hopefully after installing it will still work . Sometimes when I clean and paint things they never seem to work again. LOL

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Lol!!! ^^^ truth^^^
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Well as luck would have it the darn thing didn`t work after cleaning/ painting it. And that was after I installed it again. I thought I had it taped off well enough to put it in the bead blaster. Well nope. The glass bead found it way past the tape and got in the armature housing. Lesson learned! I had to spray clean it inside and blow it out with air. The old armature in the motor actually looked like new inside. Tested it again and all is good now. A simple job that ended up taking me half a day between having to paint it again and cleaning it out. Oh well. I still enjoy feeling like I accomplished something even though I took the long hard road to get there.