Thread: The Petty Car Projects

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 77blue on blue's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks

The Petty Car Projects

Figured I'd share our latest additions. Over the past year I was able to find two Richard Petty street kit cars to give my wife for a wedding present. Picture perfect show cars are not our thing as we like to bring cars back from the brink. The Plymouth I sourced from A Massachusetts Collector who needed to let one car go as he found another he desired. It was originally a Connecticut car new and never left that side of the country. I had it shipped to the Midwest F-body hub in Ohio for that Collector to work on who then brought it to me. It has all the important Kit Car bits except the Chin spoiler and it does run and drive. I will be doing some needed mechanical bits this winter so she can take it to the autocross track when I take my Dodge Super Coupe.

As for the Dodge Kit car that was sourced from a Indiana collector who got it from the Philip Langerquist estate. It was the #4 in Phil's Collection. Phil purchased the car in 1989 from the original owners in Wisconsin which i have also tracked down. The car has sat since the mid 80s and comes with all the "fun" that that entails. We will blow that car apart this winter and redoe it front to back mechanically like we did my Super Coupe Last winter. We did get it running under its own power but it has some scary engine stuff that I don't feel is worth putting money into. Luckily I have a Dodge Ramcharger that we will be using as a doner engine wise.

The Wife is very excited to get started on these two as she hasn't got to enjoy her 79 Volare Wagon this year because she blew the slant up. We are finishing a big block swap on that car as we speak.

Stay tuned as there is much to come!
    1977 Dodge Aspen Sport Coupe, 1980 Aspen R/T clone, 1979 Volare Wagon Premier, 1972 D300 Camper Special Crew Cab, 1993 Plymouth Sundance Duster, 1990 W150, 1986 Ramcharger

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 77blue on blue's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    PicsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20210905_134943.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	6925Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210914_193928~2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	6924
    1977 Dodge Aspen Sport Coupe, 1980 Aspen R/T clone, 1979 Volare Wagon Premier, 1972 D300 Camper Special Crew Cab, 1993 Plymouth Sundance Duster, 1990 W150, 1986 Ramcharger

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just because you can't tag people in your posts currently doesn't mean you can't use their names Dusten. It's not a secret just because we get to use cool handles here.

I'm PROUD to have played a part in getting Kehoe's blue car to your lovely new wife! Even better that she looked confused at your wedding reception when presented with the keys, and slowly processing that your work on it since I had an excuse to leave it there wasn't something you'd done for me after it's arrival. It was HERS and NOT LEAVING! Oh that was freakin CLASSIC! Wait,,, what? .... Um.. Um,,/.'\ %)., garbled in mental translation... Hey, IT'S MINE! And there's ANOTHER ONE TOO!

And I'm 100% certain that Tim is equally happy to have passed the red car along to you as well. We all spent the travel and those days together in honoring Phil's life and it's just right that the car ends up with you.

Volare Magnet