Thread: Modelers Show, and Swap

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Modelers Show, and Swap

Man I had a GREAT day yesterday! Drove a couple hours to a show and swap that was somehow lost in 2019. didn't realize I could have brought an entry, but had a GREAT TIME in the swap and viewing the contest entries all the same.
    $1 and $2 parts, $5 kits in baggies, even two kits in a bag at that asking price I wasn't paying in the end of searching thru tons of stuff, just so they'll provide chassis' to other style builds and parts for others too. $5-10 here and there and all I want is that nicely built unpainted engine, or roof with straight A-pillars and glass, just the wheels and tires, seriously I need the clean bumpers off that mess! YEPPPPP!!!! $45 plus shipping kits for $15 in person and I was making offers by combining items every time. Stuff I didn't even know about but had to have and still didn't pay full on. Like a pair of 8N tractors by adding trailers and a Fujimi kit, and some parts.
    Man it "FEELS SO GOOD" to get back to the real world outside this digital existence of perpetual plastic rape that I'm even happy to go all the way back to 1978 for some Music that was strange but oddly cool even at that time of Orchestral Rock, and recall what we used to know in dealing with each other on a personal level and always haggling on what's coming out of the pocket no matter if they are already under the online market or not, now that this exists...

https://youtu.be/FExBwfQHXlE

GO SEE THE REAL PEOPLE who've been in this all along. No matter how many hours the travel is. Better yet. Take the BACK WAY like I did to and from. NO Interstates or Tolls. Just driving past other real people's front yards and enjoying the complete experience. Stop at that local restaurant two miles off your path on the way home and support other REAL PEOPLE instead of sitting in a backed up drive-thru line at a fast food chain who can't get enough help to even open the lobby.

Only Mopars I saw worth having were a pair of built 69 Coronet R/T's at $150 ea. Was a good price but not great. I passed. Oh, and the Golden Commando 66 Belvidere AWB kits that I already promised a friend I would buy from him instead of a random person. There's a 70's Dodge pick up cab in there too that I gave $2 for with glass and interior.

[
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20211009_153201.jpg  
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:08 PM.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quick mock up on the 66 Catalina. And some pix of contest entries.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20211009_122221.jpg   20211009_122155.jpg   20211009_122058.jpg   20211010_135709.jpg   20211009_122207.jpg   20211009_122416.jpg  
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Saw this strange thing on the way to the show too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20211009_090650.jpg   20211009_090449.jpg  
    Volare Magnet