Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1980 Roadrunner----R/T wheel center caps

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator kent's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks

1980 Roadrunner----R/T wheel center caps

Well guys it's been a long time since I posted.
    Decided to go for a drive today at lunch time in the Roadrunner. Met up with a buddy and went to get a bite. Had it parked in a MacDonalds parking lot. Make a long story short, came back and someone broke and took my center caps off the passenger side of my car. Luckily I had a spare set of them. But now I have only two left. I came home dug them out. Put them on the buffing wheel and put them on. But now I only have two. Wondering if anybody would have a couple of the center caps they would be willing to part with. I just need the center piece but would buy the whole unit. It is a two piece center cap. And I would buy the whole set if the price is reasonable.
    Here is a picture of the wheel in question...

Thanks guys.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	center cap.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	7010

Old old picture. Should of took a new picture but she is put away for now. And I'm sooking. lol
    Last edited by kent; 11-02-2021 at 03:58 PM.
    1980 roadrunner

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Great to hear from you again, but Terrible it's under such circumstances. Unbelievable that somebody would do that. Wish I could help. I've only got a couple nasty ones that will likely go with some crappy Super Coupe bases.
    Volare Magnet

Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks Matt.
    Not like I'm out. But like I told the wife "They're not making these things anymore" Friggin kids
    1980 roadrunner

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, you have something that you worked hard to get so you deserve to have it destroyed or stolen because they don't have one.

Don't watch any videos about motorcycle thugs swooping up and robbing people in South America. That way when you start seeing it locally you can enjoy the surprise. The TV won't tell you, but it is already happening here, just not that far North yet.

United States
    Thanks
    I don`t have any. I see them time to time on ebay. Usually not cheap though.

United States
    Thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 77rr2x4s For This Useful Post:

kent (11-03-2021)

Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks Mike! What did you enter to find that?
    Yep those are the center caps alright. But the wrong mounting section. I'm looking really hard at those though. To bad that wasn't a proper set of mounting bases that I could use. I'd take them. If I were to get those, the proper kind would pop up tomorrow. lol My luck.

I'll get a better shot today and post another picture tonight.
    Last edited by kent; 11-03-2021 at 07:45 AM.
    1980 roadrunner

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Super Coupe/ Van and other application bases. The caps are pretty standard. I was giving $10-15 for just caps at the swap meets a few years ago.

Kent, if as you say they were able to break your caps to remove them, you should probably remove them all yourself and drill the smash studs on the retainer rings for small sheetmetal screws. Been doing that for years after I got tired of finding them missing while the rings were still in the caps and finding others loose. I suppose there is a possibility that a wheel imbalance just shook yours off and you may be able to feel better if they weren't actually stolen. But to lose two at once would seem awfully rare. It is a fairly common problem if you haven't screwed them together yet though.
    Volare Magnet

Canada
    Thanks
    HOLY SMOKES Matt what a Idea!!!!! Consider it done! Thanks you very much! What a solution. Thank you thank you.
    Yes I would like to think they flew off but I was just at the body shop where my Charger is just about ready to bring home(final polish... next week home) And a few guys and myself was checking out the Roadrunner. And they were all there. And not that far a drive 10-4.
    No I haven't left her alone in years like, 15-18 years. Lesson well learnt! Never ever again.
    When I was a kid, I was at a dance at the Legion. And someone stole the trim rings off of her. Well that was back in 87 or was it 88. lol And you know yourself Matt they were easy to come by back then. So no biggie. And yes I just used a set of a rally wheel trim rings.

Thanks again Matt Great Idea!

Here is a picture I took earlier today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails center cap pieces .jpg  
    1980 roadrunner

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kent For This Useful Post:

Rattle Trap (11-03-2021)

United States
    Thanks
    Kent. I don`t remember what I put in the ebay search box. I think I entered "mopar wheel cap" or something like that. I see the difference now between the two. I will keep looking.