Thread: Rattle Traps in Scale

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Rattle Traps in Scale

I'd like to to show off my new Hellcat Charger I got for Christmas, along with others. All resin crafted items, not corporate commercial styrene products. Creating a scale build from them takes more effort typically. Mold flash clean up, etc. Plus they aren't complete kits so the rest of the pieces encourages using your imagination of what plastic you'll cut up as donor vehicles.

The Hellcat comes from a very talented 3D printer in Ukraine, via ebay. DiOlex products are popular in Europe, shipping obviously takes longer to US but I've been incredibly happy with my purchases. The extra wait is really worth it. Comes with interior and vacuformed glass for windows and lamp lenses, and also the inserts for inside the lamps. The wheels shown in that pic are also from the same producer but not for the Charger.

Second pic is mostly traditionally molded Resins. 69 Grand Prix, 76-77 Volare wagon, 68 and 69 Torino hardtops, 63 Ford N600, more wheels and tires, parts, slammed truck chassis, and figure, and lastly a 50 F-4 COE cab. Now before you say, BA Ford trucks, I've already got nearly every Dodge truck ever made... so here's what's New to me!
    These parts and trans-kits are all from American makers. Iceman Collections, Jimmy Flintstone, Model Car World MCW, Motor City Resins MCR, Pro Street Hobbies PSH, and Steve Swai.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20211224_132828.jpg   20211226_074532.jpg  
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:23 AM. Reason: Can't see the Grauple from the workbench.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I about broke my finger clicking this link when I saw you got a HELLCAT for Christmas!!!!!!!!!

FAKE NEWS!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1key4i.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	7068
    Let's Go Brandon!

United States
    Thanks
    I actually ordered a car yesterday - a 22 Hyundai Calligraphy Santa Fe (white with beige interior). Should have it in eight weeks.
    Let's Go Brandon!

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalkervette View Post
    I about broke my finger clicking this link when I saw you got a HELLCAT for Christmas!!!!!!!!!

FAKE NEWS!!!
    LMAO! Now that IS Funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Stalkervette View Post
    I actually ordered a car yesterday - a 22 Hyundai Calligraphy Santa Fe (white with beige interior). Should have it in eight weeks.
    I hope those are better than they used to be.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    I have a loaded 2020 Santa Fe Limited now with the 2.0 turbo, I have been extremely impressed with it. The 2022 Calligraphy Santa Fe I ordered is loaded like the Ultimate Genesis with every option box checked.

My 2020 trade in with rebates and military discount are HIGHER than what I paid for the car. Amazing that a two-year-old car is worth more than the purchase price.... I also received a premium since the car only has 10,500 miles and is truly a 10/10 condition.

Name:	2021_Hyundai_Santa_Fe_Feature_small_interior2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	7069

Name:	2022-hyundai-SantaFe-images-design.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	7070
    Let's Go Brandon!

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    You didn't have one of the GDI engines that suddenly lock up tight while driving down the highway without any warning, did you? I must have replaced at least couple dozen of the 2.0 GDI and 2.7 GDI in both Kia's and Hyundai's, the past couple years at work. Engine can be spotlessly clean inside, well maintained with only synthetic oil and then,,,,,,,,,,,,POOF, all done, open the wallet. A couple people gut lucky and still had the factory powertrain warranty so they got towed to the dealer, the rest, well...................

Don't worry, I'm SURE they have the problem solved by now Just razzing you!
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Owned since 1987, big block since 1989
    1996 Dakota Sport owned since 1998, 3.9L. Winter DD
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, bought 2017, summer only DD
    Let's go Brandon!

United States
    Thanks
    With any new car I will not keep it beyond the factory warranty - too many headaches waiting to happen. With their bumper to bumper 10/100,000 warranty it is hard to beat.

I loved my 2.0t engine, good MPG and it is surprising how much power they put out, plenty to get it down the road. In the 2022 it has the 2.5 turbo with 281 hp/311 torque
    Last edited by Stalkervette; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:40 PM.
    Let's Go Brandon!

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    As I recall, this Ramcharger got started late last winter and shelved when better weather came along. Not even boxed back up its just set in the back on a shelf since.. so today while cleaning the whole house including basement, I got it back on the bench for some stress relief.

Had forgotten how Huge the Hellaphant is. Has to go in from above after final assembly to clear the inner fenders, then the headers can be installed. Notched the frame and cut out inner fender to clear the alternator. Making a serpentine belt and threading it around the pulleys looks like it will be LOTS of Fun.. HA!

I'm building this one as a hot slammed 2WD on a Nascar chassis. Cuz I got a super cheap deal on 10 of them. They just didn't include rear axles or spindles. Not a problem. I'm shoving one up under a 41 Plymouth next for a Pro-Street blown Hemi build.

No promises this one gets finished this year any more than last. I bring them along as the interest and feeling for a build suits me... There's no schedule or pressure at the bench. Just interesting topics for a moment that creates distraction and refocuses energies. But after a couple hours of increasing its progress while outside it's in the low 20's with 35-40 mph winds, and successfully avoiding any more housework, I am Happy... with all my accomplishments for the day.

Oh, but I did find my way to the garage today also. Had to fire up the torch to melt retainer blobs into the backs of the brass front spindles I made. A little this and a little that, and everything always works out how it's going to happen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220110_183145.jpg  
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 1 Week Ago at 07:08 PM. Reason: There is No Grauple in the Basement!
    Volare Magnet