Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The newer AspenandVolare.com

Aspen and Volare Administrator White Aspen R/T's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb The newer AspenandVolare.com

I work 45 plus hours a week. I come home and make dinner, check some e-mails and then take a shower, watch some TV then go to sleep. On the weekends I have some free time but I also spend time with my wife.
    Recently running the website has been a big pain. I installed so many enhancements to the old site I was reluctant to upgrade the vbulletin software and taking a chance losing or breaking the links of those enhancements.
    People whom use other people's sites are nothing more than vampires and suck the blood of others. In this case it was hackers hacking the security issues of vbulletin 4.1.3. Each time they did this the hosting company would shut down the site and make me prove that I looked at and removed any suspicious code or files. After doing so they would scan the site again and turn it back on if it was to their liking.
    I finally broke down and decided to upgrade the software to vbulletin 4.2.3 the latest most stable platform. Shortly after the upgrade the hosting company shut the site down for the last time. This time they reported that the private messages coming from the site was spam. OMG
    Next came the decision as to whether I should get out of the website business or not. I decided to try one more time at another hosting company.
    I first went to hostgator, I did not transfer the domains I merely sign up for web hosting. Come to find out that their control panel was in the beta stage of development I decided to cancel and move on. I then went back to a hosting service whom once had parked some of my other domain names. Go Daddy to the rescue. I transferred my domains and then signed up for two years of hosting.
    Then began the task of copying all of my files to my home computer. I save the sql databases and downloaded them to my computer also. I learned how to use a program call filezilla to transfer the files
    I then began the long task up uploading all of the files and databases to the new server at the new hosting company. I tried and tried to get the old databases and software to work together. I asked the hosting service for help and they tried. I asked members on vbulletin.org for help and they tried to help.
    Thus came my next decision. That was to start from new. Keep the site cleaner and on all new software and virgin database. So here we are at a new beginning.
    I have kept all the old databases and picture and post. I am not going to get rid of that anytime soon. If anything I will use my other domain name of fbodymopars.com and try harder at restoring the old databases, pictures and posts.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to White Aspen R/T For This Useful Post:

360-Roadrunner (03-01-2016), Dreber12xes (10-20-2015), KCFAN58 (10-05-2015), kent (10-03-2015), Mopars1 (10-26-2015), Rattle Trap (10-05-2015), Rory (10-05-2015), tomcat53 (10-05-2015)

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator kent's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    I can't imagine all the work you had to do. A big thanks! I thought you might of just got tired of fight those hackers and give up on it. I can't say as I would of blamed you. I think I would of. Is every thing going to be good for a while?

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    I can't imagine all the work you had to do. A big thanks! I thought you might of just got tired of fight those hackers and give up on it. I can't say as I would of blamed you. I think I would of. Is every thing going to be good for a while?
    Yes the sad part is that we have to start all over.

Canada
    Thanks
    I see this. So we lost everything eh Eric? All that stored info all the diagrams pictures everything eh?
    1980 roadrunner

Canada
    Thanks
    I'm just trying to edit my profile and avatar. Big job just doing that! Man what a bummer, like we had a house fire and lost all our family photos. I guess we did.

We shall build her up from the ashes once more.
    1980 roadrunner

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Please read this if you are disappointed by the site.

Aspen and Volare Junior Member EricB's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow I would have given up brother. Long live the aspenandvolare.com

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EricB For This Useful Post:

White Aspen R/T (10-04-2015)

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think so two sir.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator Captain Caravelle's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    Can't keep a good man down.
    1978 Plymouth Caravelle 2 Door 225 Super Six
    1980 Plymouth Volare 2 Door 225 Super Six
    1987 Chrysler Fifth Ave Police Interceptor 318 (Daily Driver)
    2002 "Toy"ota Scamry (Wife's Daily)

Aspen and Volare Junior Member dv68shelby's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for your efforts in keeping this site going!!!! I really missed checking in during these past few weeks.....your hard work is appreciated! Take Care - David

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dv68shelby For This Useful Post:

80 Aspen RT (10-10-2015), White Aspen R/T (10-05-2015)