Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Flip Top Gas Cap Adapter

Aspen and Volare Junior Member
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 360-Roadrunner View Post
    Great looking car,
    Please keep in mind I am only providing the plastic adapter that will allow you to mount the flip cap of your choice. Please reference the thread, it will give you the simple installation procedure. Also, other members of the forum have also shared their ingenious idea by adding the chrome trim ring to the installation (see the pictures on the thread). The trim ring is readily available on line (e-bay) but not included with the adapter purchase. This is just for the plastic adapter only. The chrome ring really does finish it out, making it look like a factory option. Please PM with any questions.

Thanks,
    360-Roadrunner
    Yes, I understand. I read both threads completely, and have already ordered my cap and trim ring. I am eagerly awaiting the adapter. Thank you for making this mod possible, easy, and affordable for us non-fabricators.

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I got mine installed tonight after work. My fliptop may require modifying the adapter a tiny bit, but I'll run with it for a while and see... The sprung seal/vent on my flip top sticks out too far or has too strong a spring. I may have to take 1/16 off the adapter neck or maybe the flip top just needs to wear in a little. Anyway, I like it a lot. No more driving away and leaving the gas cap in the station lot.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    You need one that's for a '69-'70 Charger and '69 'Cuda. Not sure if '67 GTX and '68 Charger fit the same or not. The early ones are plain, where the '69 versions say "FUEL" on them but may be identical fitment wise. Apparently, the '70-'74 Challenger ones are different and have a raised lip on the back, or some such thing.. I take that to mean an E-body cap will stick out. Maybe that's what your's is from, doublechaz, only a guess though.
    Last edited by aspen79; 07-18-2019 at 05:46 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    It was marketed as a 69-70 Charger cap, but ebay so it could be for a 54 Packard. Anyway, it works.