Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266674757677 LastLast

Thread: Twin Turbo HEMI build

United States
    Thanks
    Klein are what many electricians use. They have really nice wire cutters also. Not cheap though. I think some items can be bought at Home Depot. As far as I know they are still made in USA.
    Last edited by 77rr2x4s; 01-30-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    NOW I remember. I have a couple Klein tools it turns out. As you said, electrical tools like wire cutters/strippers, etc.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Need to mess with the stereo in the Dodge this week, volume is very low and clipping. I think the removable faceplate has dirty connections or something. If I cannot get it going I will take it to a local audio shop to have them mess with it. According to their website they also install remote entry and power windows. I wanted to have Jason do these in the car but I ran out of time with the move.

Did the Aspen or Volare coupe ever come with power windows? I've seen them in sedans but never coupes.

United States
    Thanks
    Looks like it is a problem with the detachable face plate. Fortunately I have the same Clarion receiver in both the Vette and the Dodge, so I did a swap test. I cleaned the contacts with no success.

If I cannot get it going I have two new Kenwood Bluetooth receivers in a boxes on the shelf (I was going to install them in the Lightning and BMW).

United States
    Thanks
    Not sure if I've ever seen a 2 door coupe with power windows. However, the parts catalog shows power window regulator for 2 door. Actually, I don't remember off hand ever seeing a 4 door with power windows either. Probably the type of car they were (i.e. low priced) so the typical buyer wouldn't want to spend the extra for power windows. Just my theory anyways.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

6. The Following User Says Thank You to aspen79 For This Useful Post:

Stalkervette (4 Weeks Ago)

United States
    Thanks
    Power windows would be great, but remote entry is a must have.

Plus I still need to look at the cost of replacing the stainless braided AC lines with rubber versus just recharge the system annually. This is the time I miss Big 3 Racing!

Down here AC is an absolute must have of course.
    Last edited by Stalkervette; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:18 PM.

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I may have some coupe power window regulators separated from doors. They weren't that common, but available. The problem I'd see with them is wondering if the F and M aux harness to run door power would be the same, or if all non power harnesses even have the plug for it. Would have to refer to electrical manual. But if I'm not mistaken, the plug to add them should be present in the regular harness. Of course then you have to modify your door panels for switches too. As far as the lift motors go they're the same as for sedan but flipped upside down and side to side. So L coupe is R sedan. And they're still available cheap too since it's all the same motor from 72-89.
    Volare Magnet

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rattle Trap For This Useful Post:

Stalkervette (3 Weeks Ago)

United States
    Thanks
    I had the entire harness out of my car during the build and don't recall seeing any extra plug-in's in the dash or body harness that would be for power windows. Not saying they aren't there, just don't recall seeing them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to aspen79 For This Useful Post:

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Aside from shoveling and hauling the ugliest M-body I've ever owned in my life home, I haven't been spending Any Time outside, including warming up the garage to get anything done out there either. But as I recall The aux power harness for windows and locks should plug in somewhere just above the gas pedal in like a 6 or 8 blade green box connector. For some reason I'm thinking there are two of those, and the other is for the radio?
    Volare Magnet

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rattle Trap For This Useful Post:

United States
    Thanks
    I tried to take a look at the wiring, since B3R added the Dominator EFI everything was moved around and bundled. It will be easier just running new wires - it will not be me!

Hindsight is always 20/20, I should have run an all new Painless harness when we did the build......

I miss Big 3!