Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: Twin Turbo HEMI build

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I saw a good one earlier today. Phil the 43s and flares guy had a load of aluminum Chevy truck beds on his rollback he was hauling for scrap and took guesses on what the load weighed. Like a giant jar of Jellybeans contest! Couple guys got real close but he'd already answered the weight by the time I saw it. Now me, I keep cashew jars full of Mopar screws and bolts, like interior fasteners, sheetmetal fasteners, underhood fasteners, and such. I'd probably make my kids count one out separately til they got the same number more than once and have that be my guessing game. It would probably be easier to take lucky caller number seven on the AnV Hits Line like the radio does. Lol!
    Volare Magnet

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rattle Trap For This Useful Post:

Stalkervette (08-10-2019)

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Just found the first benefits of moving to White County Georgia (besides family of course).

1. No vehicle inspection
    2. Went to the DDS for my GA drivers license and was in and out with a new license in less than 15 minutes
    3. Applied for tags and transferred tiles at the same place (SAME WINDOW), for five vehicles and bike all was done in around twenty minutes

The above activities in Ohio would have taken days....

United States
    Thanks
    Moving the Dodge, Lightning and Vette in the United enclosed trailer went almost perfectly. Only issue was when the flat bed transfer driver went to strap the truck down he snagged a front brake line close to the caliper - of course all the brake fluid pumped out. United will insure the damages. All in all, nice move.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stalkervette For This Useful Post:

Stacey/sandy (10-02-2019)

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Cool! Might as well get both of those old front hoses replaced for safety sake while there's a fluid issue involved anyhow. Those northeastern Ohio counties can be a headache about your vehicles I know. Get as far west as Erie county and it's all easy. You still would have to visit two locations to get everything done. But very short wait times. And even though we're a dirty county while none of the others nearby west or south are, emissions testing would be pointless since without heavy industry, it's all due to tourism. No point hassling the locals.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I have to go over to the DMV, which is conveniently located just on the other side of the freeway from where I live, for drivers license, registration, etc. Everything to do with vehicles and licensing is done at the same place. As long as you have your forms filled out before getting there (print them online and fill them out at home), and all the documentation it says you will need, it goes fairly smooth. Worst part is if there are lines to the first counter where they check all your paperwork, and take a photo if you're there for a drivers license renewal. That gets kind of old if a bunch of people all got there about the same time. Then you get a tag with a letter and number, then go sit and wait. Normally, it's no more than a few minutes, depending on the time of day. There's 8 windows (A thru H) and if you have (for example) G78, you go to window G when the electronic signs shows G78 and it's announced over the PA. Up to the correct window, do your thing, pay the fee and on your way. Not TOO bad, considering it's a government office with government workers, lol. Tell you what, it's 1,000 times better now than it was 20 years ago. It's WAY more organized now, and way more efficient. Amazing since, as I said, it's a government office
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    I'm going to try to get the dodge out next week for a spin. With the move I haven't had a chance at all to get the cars out this year.

Running around Cleveland Georgia the last couple weeks I haven't seen any hot rods. This is going to be fun!

United States
    Thanks
    Anyone on here from North East Georgia or South Carolina?

United States
    Thanks
    Was planning to get the Dodge out today, but mother nature had other plans for the day.....