Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast

Thread: The Aspen and Volare Weather Channel

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalkervette View Post
    Here is the joke Aspen79 - I got hit with 6+ inches of snow yesterday. I think it is payback for me being so mean to Rattle

What is really kicking our butts is all the rain!!!!!!!!

Everybody should be able to enjoy the snow once in a while!
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    We ended up with just over 5" of fluffy snow. Easy to snowblow/shovel but eearlier I said it wasn't too bad out, I was wrong. Still zero wind but had to come in half a dozen times to warm my fingers up. Wind or not, it's just cold outside.

The last time I didn't get a flu shot (don't remember what year it was but it was between 2008 and 2011), I ended up with that swine flu (N1 something) and was down for a week, not at 100% for a couple months after. Ended up in the ER one night with a 106 degree temp on top of it all. Guess I passed out when they were getting me out of back of the car and I remember none of it. I was at home one minute and the next I remember was waking up in the ER a few hours later. Basically, I came way too close to dying and it scared me. The doctor said if I hadn't have gotten to the ER when I did, where they could get my temp down, I might not be here today. It's the sickest I've ever been by a factor of 10 and it seemed to drag on forever, and ever, and ever. Being an auto tech, I'm in a number of vehicles everyday, handling keys that who knows how many people have held, so have to be very careful about hand washing and not touching my nose or eyes, stuff like that.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Dang dude - you were a lucky man. Anything above 104 with an adult can have a bad outcome...

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    WOW! And here we've been joking for years about being sick with HL/NL virus. Never knew anybody who actually got the H1/N1. I thought I've gotten kinda weird about touching things and being around too many people in the winter. But you're absolutely right about being careful. Have to admit that the current 'novel' coronavirus going around was at least partly why I didn't go to the huge indoor swap meet in Detroit yesterday. In younger years I would have made the trip, even with little money to spend. Today there's nothing I need that badly to take chances.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I usually never worried too much about it until I had my recent surgery and i was worried about having to deal with the flu, etc. That was why i got a flu shot for the first time ever. I don`t know if it helped or not but it was recommended so i got one. I have had the flu in the past but not nothing so severe like N1.

United States
    Thanks
    i wouldn't wish that N1 flu on anyone escept maybe terrorists and people like that. It sucked worse than anything I've ever dealt with in my 56 years.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow, I hit 103 once and it was scary. 106 is probably about 1000 times worse. Good work Aspen79 for getting through that. We all gotta be careful with these things. Modern medicine is pretty great, but it isn't magic. A friend of mine died a few years ago from a case of the flu. It was a terrible shock to everyone who knew him.

United States
    Thanks
    Actually I think my temp was like 105.8, not 106 but either way it was very bad. This flu, which I thought was over with mostly, decided to come back today for a last hurrah. Yet another day I had to call in sick and I hate missing work. Not so much what it does to the paycheck, always feel like I'm letting my employer down and to a certain extent, our customers. Fortunately they're very understanding and know people get sick from time to time.

Looks like if we can make it through this week, the weather will be much nicer. By nicer I mean warmer. Heard on the radio this morning, it looks like after the arctic temps later this week, chances are it'll be the last time of the season and we'll start getting gradually warmer as we head towards spring. Man I sure hope so. An early spring would be a nice change from the past few years where winter dragged on through April, and even into May.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails feb 11 2020.jpg  
    Last edited by aspen79; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:43 AM.

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Did you consider Tamiflu? My wife used it last year and it seemed to help. Of course you have to catch it at the very start of the symptoms.

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    You want to see something crazy, just try to buy a surgical mask. My niece has a horrible case of the flu right now and my sister is going over to her house to help. She searched everyplace, you cannot find on.

Almost as rare as a perfect f-body center console lid.