Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aspen and Volare Weather Channel

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow that had to have really been up in the atmosphere pretty high to leave the surface air without wind as it passed. I was mowing all the leaves in one direction each way from mid points, working out to my edges and it decided to suddenly hammer down with heavy rain and penny sized hail. Didn't hurt much but I knew I was being pelted! Stuffed the tractor in the shed and ran inside fearing the too close sounding thunder. We had plenty of wind and I was soaked to the bone just making it around 200 feet in both directions. As I looked out the window to admire my fresh cut grass, it was already covered in leaves again!

About an hour and a half later the wind had dried it off outside already and the sun came out for a minute! So I hopped on the tractor again real fast and finished up. Just in time to get soaked a 2nd time! Seriously! I was just making the final pass as the sky opened up and downpoured on me again. No hail that time though.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't know, the clouds I could see when the lightning flashed looked like they were about 20 feet off the ground. I know, they were much higher than that but you know what I mean. It was the strangest thing I've ever seen and since when is there severe t-storms (minus any wind) when it's only 38 degrees outside? A couple days before that in the morning, it was so dark out you needed headlights not just to be seen, but to see until about 11am and the sky went from a yellow tinge, to orange, then a greenish look and then pitch black, back to yellow................The whole time, now wind, no rain, no thunder, nothing. Oddly, once it lightened up some, THEN it started raining/snowing. I suppose when you go from summer to winter without an autumn in the middle of October, anything can happen. Put it this way, the forecast low for Monday night is 15 degrees in the city, single digits in outlying areas. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    I think Stalkervette sent his wind from the other day up to us. Steady wind of 25-40, gusting to 50 mph. Son of a.................It just refuses to stop. At least it's cold out (27 right now at 10am), otherwise the wind would be really irritating (sarcasm).

However,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hope on the horizon(!!!!!!!!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nov 01 2020.jpg  
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Freeze warning tonight, then the forecast looks decent. I'm getting ready to chase leaves around the lawn now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weather.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	6493

United States
    Thanks
    Wish I could do something with the leaves! In the back driveway there's a huge leaf drift but with the confounded wind, impossible to do anything about it. Besides, if I could clean them up, there are millions of other leaves to take their place The weather this "fall" has been so cold, wet and windy that nobody has been able to do yard clean up, at least none that lasts more than a day. Of course now that it looks like a decent few days this week, it will be dark by 5pm so that takes care of any evening work. Sigh............At least it isn't just my yard!

The high wind alert that was to expire at 2pm, I see now it's extended until 8pm. MAKE THE WIND STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

United States
    Thanks
    What? So just cuz he sends it to you, you send it to me? Thanks for adding the Hail to it BTW. You guys are such pals. Now I'm going to feel bad if I don't send it along to Mike!
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Who Me.....??????

United States
    Thanks
    LOL! Yeah you.. Buckle up Buttercup! Here it comes!
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    LOL! Can`t we all just fast forward to spring and forget all this rain, cold and snow crap??? BTW, the bulk of my leaves come from the other surrounding properties and if the wind blows in the right direction sometimes I get spared from large pile ups.

United States
    Thanks
    I make my share of leaves (lots of trees) but also get bombarded from the business next door (sort of). The back of their back yard abuts the side of my back yard since they're around the corner on a different street. They have 2 HUGE trees that drop millions of leaves. Not sure what kind of trees they are but they're at least 10 feet taller than their sign which is 30 feet tall, and each of them has a canopy that I guess is 30-40 feet across. Since the normal wind is from the west or northwest, the leaves come straight at my backyard.
    Last edited by aspen79; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:20 PM.