Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast

Thread: The Aspen and Volare Weather Channel

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Humidity really never leaves here all summer. Some days worse then others. Rain off and on thru the week but not a constant rain which is cool. Some storms later today is forecast. I`m kinda of settled in with it raining all the time now. Hey maybe if I say I like rain then the opposite will happen. LOL

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    We only had one day of humid, today back to low 80's and 25%ish humidity. Only down side is it'll get really cold after sunset but, its better than the alternative.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Not sure yet but, pretty sure this is going to suck. Big purple radar blob headed straight for us. Very heavy rain, severe lightning, golf ball or larger hail and straight line winds of over 80 mph and possible tornadoes. Dead calm and 90 degrees and close to 80% humidity right now, almost dark as night and an hour ago, all the birds just vanished, POOF. None to be seen or heard anywhere. I've got a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad feeling.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh WOW! You hang in there!

We had a nasty one a couple weeks ago they're still trying to say was straight line wind. Except that it wasn't. It was about two miles wide and rain wrapped and surely had some straight line associated, but the damage pattern says there was rotation in the middle. Took limbs out of some and whole tops out of other trees that it didn't stack like dominoes on the ground with root balls exposed, and left a curving back and forth pattern of ripping them apart like match sticks. A friend of ours just made it home and was sitting in her car in fear of getting out when a limb stabbed thru her windshield and was luckily stopped by the steering column.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Hasn't rained in over a week, a new worlds record this year. This afternoon is the gigantic Rapid's cruise and guess what the forecast shows? Yep, 89 degrees and humid which of course means rain and t-storms starting mid to late afternoon with a chance of heavy rain, hail and strong winds the forecast says. Figures.....................They estimate it will get here around 3 or 4 pm and guess when the cruise starts? You know it, 4 pm. Son of a .....................If it was local, I might chance it. At least if you saw the black clouds coming from the west, you could hightail it for home but the cruise is in Wisconsin Rapids which is a good hours drive to the SW from here. Grrrrrrrrrr, grumble, whine, complain, frown.

Every year since I've had the car back together (2013) it's been something. Either rain and storms, or one year the not Interstate route I was going to take was under construction and was 5 miles of gravel so, I got back on the Interstate and then a stolen Ferrari being chased by Police, crashed and blocked the whole freeway for over an hour. By the time it got cleared enough to open one lane of traffic, it was too late. Cruise starts promptly at 4pm, it was almost 3:45 pm and another 25 miles so, next interchange turned around and came back home. A couple years ago I was all set to go, forecast was for nothing but sunshine and I felt great in the morning. Then,,,,,,,,,,,,as the day went on, I felt sicker and sicker and going to a cruise was out of the question. Only cruise I could do was between the sofa and bathroom to inspect the porcelain, and I'll leave it for you to figure out what that means. So, this will be the sixth year in a row I WON'T be in the cruise.
    Last edited by aspen79; 08-03-2019 at 10:08 AM.

United States
    Thanks
    .................and just like clockwork, it's raining. They said it would start between 3 and 4pm, and the first drops came down at precisely 3:30pm. Typical, JUST typical. On a dry day, I'd be looking at over 800 cars in a parking lot and the first car would be pulling out to begin the cruise at 4pm, just 20 short minutes from now. Instead, here I am at home. Sigh...........Oh well, it is what it is and there's nothing I can do to change it.

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Got our first light frost this morning. Ah! Crisp cool fall air...
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Been getting frost in the mornings for the last few days.

United States
    Thanks
    We had frost this morning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,3 inches of it.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 7T8 Custom's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    It’s clear, sunny, and 56 degrees here now but it was frosty this morning.