Page 74 of 79 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aspen and Volare Weather Channel

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Hovering around 30. But the real excitement was going to work. Was supposed to be up to a couple inches but nothing. So I'm just cruising along when there's a sudden white out from nowhere. Instantly we're all doing 30 on a sheet of ice and lucky to be making that progress. Only one dummy spun out. Thankfully alone. Ten year old Buick that probably hadn't been aligned since new. So that was interesting...
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm looking forward the sheets ice melting off the roads at long last.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Spent all last week wishing I would take the Roadrunner for a ride and didn't. Thought maybe for the weekend. But I wasn't watching the weather and got a surprise when the wife said we needed to do our weekend running Friday night ahead of a storm. Well it wasn't much. Got 2" of slushy yuck overnite and it sleeted as it warmed to 40 Saturday. Just a few little spots Sat night.

But they'd brined all the main roads and salted all the back roads for the icy conditions and even had the blue ice melter salt on the curve out front and a few other problem spots. So much for that idea.

Yesterday was a high of 17 while the snow blew around some more. Not too awful windy but blowing almost too much to be out there in just a flannel. Went to Harbor Freight Menards and Michaels and only managed to get one of the things I was after.

It was up to 20 this morning but there's a fresh 4" on everything.

$#!& $#!& $#!& I sure wish I'd gotten the Roadrunner out last week.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Really cold here today too. It is suppose to move up to 45 or so by the end of the week.

United States
    Thanks
    All we get today is low 20's but I'm dubious. It's only 15 right now.
    However(!) For the middle of January, I can live with this forecast. Could do without the snow chances. Can't wait until that forecast is full of 70's and 80's though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jan 20 2020.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	6229
    Last edited by aspen79; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:45 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    As I was driving to work this morning at 6:45am, in the falling snow, the weather report came on the radio. It said "light snow starting in the early afternoon with up to an inch expected". Did I mention it was snowing when they said that and yes, it was from a local source. Hint to meteorologists, look out the window first before going on the air, lol! In their defense, maybe it wasn't snowing in the part of the city where the station is but still........ Well, it's still snowing and I just came in from snowblowing that "inch" which is more like 3" so far. Wait until it's all done and do it once or keep up with it 3 or 4 times. Well the snowplow went by so I had to clear the end of the driveway anyways, might as well (might as well, yikes!) do the whole thing, right? Supposed to snow the next 2 days. Grumble, complain, whine, moan and sigh...........................................So, how's everyone elses day going? LOL
    Last edited by aspen79; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:12 PM.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 7T8 Custom's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    Well no snow for us but the forecast says 2 inches or more rain overnight. That should melt the remains of last weeks snow.

United States
    Thanks
    It's still snowing here, looks like another 3" fell overnight. It isn't snowing hard, just steady. Enough already. At least it isn't arctic cold outside and there's little or no wind, so that's something anyway.

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I`m not complaining as we have not had much snow this year. I hope it stays that way. It needs to stay north where it belongs LOL where you guys have gotten use to it.

United States
    Thanks
    Our local station guy just reads what their subscription to the National Weather Service, in Cleveland says. It's never right. Cleveland couldn't get day from night correct. Toledo is barely further to our west and generally knows and forecasts what our weather will be much closer. But since they're technically further by a couple miles we're forced onto the Cleveland system whether we share any of their weather or not. Our radio guy must just shake his head while reading the forecast, we listeners do.
    Volare Magnet