Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast

Thread: The Aspen and Volare Weather Channel

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Get the service manual for that truck and locate the stealth mode button. All stealth mode buttons are made by the same shady factory in China and they always stick in the on position. Once you locate it, just disconnect the wire harness from it. You'll be stuck without stealth mode this way, but at least it won't be stuck on.

I desperately need to do this mod on my Volare and on my Subaru. My friend with a big red T-100 had the same problem as well. Plus another friend with a white Dodge 2500 roughly like the truck you have.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    7T8Custom, same here. As I was out last evening with the snowblower, clearing the predicted 1-3", I had to laugh. Sure was a deep 3", more like 6" at least.

We'll see how close they are on the current forecast. It's not here yet but there's an expected 8-12" coming tonight and into tomorrow. COME ON ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sick of snow, and especially clearing snow, I may have to run amok. Worse when you're an auto tech. Always so nice working under a vehicle with ice cold salty slush dripping on you the whole time.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Well this is a nice howdy doody, 8" of snow already and still coming down heavy. Nothing around my house has been plowed yet (or if it has been, it's snowed shut again), including the frontage road I have to go on to get anywhere, and couldn't even get to the end of my street in the first place. Put it in reverse and put the truck back in the garage and then called work to say there's no way I'm going to make it there. Fortunately, I have a very understanding boss. Besides, a good portion of the appointments today will probably reschedule anyways. Not worth the risk, even if I took the Interstate. It's about 100 yards from my front door and can see traffic, what little there is, is MAYBE going 25 mph. Screw that.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    .............................and it's STILL snowing hard. Over a foot so far and it's supposed to be like this for at least another few hours. Shoveled a path out to the shop earlier and came back out half hour later and there was almost an inch of snow again. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only nice thing is, the freeway is all but deserted and what traffic there is, is going slow on fresh snow and it is so quiet outside. Normally the traffic noise from the freeway is deafening. Put it this way, sometime's I put ear plugs in if I'm doing something in the front yard even if I'm not using anything that makes much noise. Living 100 yards from an 8 lane freeway near one of the busiest interchanges in the entire area can wear on your nerves after a while. If I could afford to move,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'd be gone in a flash. Guess I'll enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 7T8 Custom's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    It`s been snowing here since 3:00 yesterday and is supposed to keep it up till later this evening. Most main roads are all right but any secondary roads are not plowed and a nightmare right now.

United States
    Thanks
    Well, we set a new record for a single day snowfall at 18" total. Driving down the streets feels like driving in a tunnel almost, the snowbanks are so high. It's really "fun" if you're trying to pull out from a side street. Thankfully, there's no snow in the 7 day forecast other than maybe 1/2" at most (I hope) so that'll give them a chance to cut the banks down and haul some of the snow away to where ever it is they take it. The snowblower needs a well deserved rest.

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    We are in decent shape here in OH. With the wild swings in temperature we'll get a little snow, then it melts. Cannot complain so far this winter!

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77rr2x4s's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Snow here has melted away but we are expecting more this weekend. The amount of snow has been less this year so far but it has snowed for more days then usual if that makes sense. Mostly 1-2 inches , no big whoppers yet.
    Last edited by 77rr2x4s; 1 Week Ago at 11:09 AM.

United States
    Thanks
    Here's how you know it's been really cold for a long time. Right now it's only 20 degrees out but it's dead calm. It doesn't feel cold at all. Strange............Personally, I can't wait until it's 50-60 degrees warmer out but I've got a while to wait yet. Most likely another 3 months at least. Sigh..............Can you say cabin fever? Sure, I knew you could.

United States
    Thanks
    Somebody please just shoot me right now and get it over with, lol. Wednesday we get to look forward to another 4-6" of snow and then a possible 3-5" on top of that this coming Sunday. I guess waist deep isn't enough........................grumble, complain, whine, groan, frown.