Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aspen and Volare Weather Channel

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Now we're supposed to get 3" of rain tonight and into tomorrow with 50+ mph wind, thunder, lightning, flash floods, sigh......................Remnants of that tropical storm they say.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Massive winds ripping thru Michigan right now. My buddy in Detroit says their news called out 150K without power around Grand Rapids. Have a friend and fellow member near there who's doing fine although the winds and rain were insane at his place also. They say we'll get side swiped later tonight. Hopefully get some rain out of this crazy wind we're getting which isn't anything like what they're getting hit with in a line upward 50 miles west of here and on thru Indiana and Michigan.

So I probably shouldn't complain but I'm going to about these 90's and radically swinging temps anyways. This week we've had 55-77, 67-88, 69-97, 79-93 so far in my experience. If the weather people said otherwise, that's just what I've noticed from 5AM til the hottest part of the day. But either tomorrow or Friday we should be getting back into the high or mid 70's.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Drove home this afternoon with the heater on. This afternoon the temp dropped like a stone, 56 right now and drizzle. Turned the furnaces back on in the garage and house when I got home. Wonder why people feel like crap when it's 94 one day and 2 days later its 56 at the same time of day. Ended up getting 2 1/2" of rain last night but otherwise the forecast was wrong. No wind, no thunder, no lightning, just rain like a the eye wall of a hurricane or something!. Looked like Niagra running off the roof it was raining so hard.

Hey, could be worse. Heard somewhere in Montana they got 12" of snow in a couple days ago, WTF?!
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    Fired up the Boiler yesterday for the season. Worked outside in the spitting mist most of the day but it warmed up to mid 50's by later afternoon. The fall rains have arrived. Kinda wish I'd have mowed but wasn't in the mood when I had the chance Saturday. Half the back yard is covered in pine needles. But the big trees are barely getting started. This year has been very strange with some pockets starting to turn a month ago and slowly others now following along. I haven't been out on any hours long trips to see what's going on elsewhere but this is a really pretty and prolonged fall here. Maybe because the frost has been so limited so far. We haven't even gotten our first yet. But I know they've gotten a couple light ones 15 miles away weeks ago and their trees are in full color and dropping already.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    I've had the furnaces turned on for over a month already There's a million leaves in the yard, and most other yards as well. Impossible to clean up. It's either been raining, or did rain and everything is wet or,,,,,the wind was blowing 80 mph or a combination of the two. Add to the fact it's dark just past 6pm yard work is a non-thing during the week, even if the leaves are dry. Soon, it'll be darn when I get home at 5pm. Not long after that, drive to work in the dark, drive home in the dark. Just to twist the knife a bit more, 2-4" of snow possible Tuesday evening. Son of a............................. At least it's cold out so we've got that going for us, lol. Should be 55-60 for highs but someone forgot to remind nature of that. It would appear we are past peak colors aside from brown and that isn't much to look at. Yeah I know, whine, whine whine!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oct 19 2020.jpg  
    Last edited by aspen79; 10-19-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I wish I could send some of our late season heat. It's been 100% duty cycle on the A/C up until a couple days from now if they got it right. Still in the process of having a 10,000 acre fire just out of town. At least it's not CA. Their fires have a couple more zeros in them.

United States
    Thanks
    California. Nuff said.

I like fall days with high winds. I get out there and flip the leaves up with the rake and let the wind take them as far as they'll go. So much easier than trying to rake huge lumps. Just lift and chase!
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Did you get the heat? Because the weather forecast here just said snow next Tuesday.

United States
    Thanks
    Got 5" of heavy, wet snow yesterday afternoon and last night. Only "good" part is, it's warm enough it'll be gone in another couple days. When I say warm, I mean above freezing. It isn't exactly what you'd consider "warm". Looking from a different perspective, in January we WOULD call this warm. Barely hit 40 today with zero sunshine but it's better than the below zero(F) misery that is yet to come in a couple months.

United States
    Thanks
    Figure this one out. Thursday evening it was 38 degrees with a deluge of rain, sleet, snow and hail,,,,,,,,,,,,,all at the same time. Along with it was NASTY thunder and lightning. The kind of thunder where you hear a loud CRACK and then what sounds like an atom bomb going off 10 feet from your house. Strangely though, the wind speed was exactly zero throughout the whole 45 minutes the storm went on.