Page 86 of 95 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aspen and Volare Weather Channel

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    We had a winter storm warning last night and this morning. They were calling for 1/2" of snow.

HUNKER DOWN PEOPLE - BUY BREAD AND MILK

United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattle Trap View Post
    Worst snow we ever got here was right before Christmas 04. 28" which turned into some 6ft+ drifts across the yard. I just strapped a tarp across the nose of the Bronco and used it as a battering ram to the road. 4 Low got me down to a plowed road.
    I remember that. Snow was so deep I couldn't even get the plow out for days. Snow drifts were over the top of the F150 roof.

Wasn't that the year we had the ice quakes and those snow rollerballs? That was freaky, need to see if I still have the pictures.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    All we've got here is COLD. High was 23 yesterday, woke up this morning to 12. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

It's interesting what's consider a winter storm warning in different parts of the country. Up here, a possible 1/2" might not even be reported, lol. Even 6" is called "moderate snow". Nothing gets shut down (like schools) until a foot or more, unless there's ice and then it snows on top of it. I understand even 1/2" is a lot if you're not used to it, don't have winter tires and/or AWD, etc.
    Last edited by aspen79; 12-01-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalkervette View Post
    I remember that. Snow was so deep I couldn't even get the plow out for days. Snow drifts were over the top of the F150 roof.

Wasn't that the year we had the ice quakes and those snow rollerballs? That was freaky, need to see if I still have the pictures.
    Wow I'd actually forgotten how weird that was. Just still salty about losing Christmas Eve holiday pay because of "an act of God", which contractually allowed them to refuse pay despite the Sheriff having closed the roads.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Sorry Rattle - that flat sucks.

I have a feeling with the new year many companies will "clean house" using covid as an excuse. Many of the people I know accepted packages for early retirement recently. When my company offered it there was an unspoken understanding that the next swing will hit you square between the eyes. I'm certain if I were not forced out on disability I would have been offered a package - I have plenty of points (age + years worked).

United States
    Thanks
    I'm thankful my company is just as busy, or busier, than before the Covid over reaction (JMO)

Side note: I got "contact traced" and was advised to get tested so,,,,,,,,I went in late yesterday afternoon. Results should be known later this afternoon, and hoping for negative of course. I have no reason to think I have it but am home today just in case. That's why I'm posting in the middle of the day on a weekday.

At least the weather is decent, for December that is. Sunny, 41 degrees and not much wind. Not TOO bad for the next 7 days either(!) Another 30 or 40 degrees added on would be nice but for this time of year the chances of that happening are none and none, lol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dec 02 2020.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	6511
    Last edited by aspen79; 12-02-2020 at 02:35 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    Prayers heading your way brother

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well I sure don't wish the Rona on anybody. It can be a nasty bug to have. And the after effects can suck too. I still can't smell half of anything. Which makes everything taste weird. But the worst part is that I sort of smell strangely too. Like now laquer thinner and gasoline smell the same to me, and they're both terrible. Antifreeze and some brands of Beer smell the same too. And they're no good either. Coffee barely has a smell to drink it, which is a major let down. But I smell it on everything and I'm really getting tired of that smell too. But it does also smell the same to me as another Beer. So I duno. I had my anniversary of 21 years on the job with this outfit the other day and joked that I'm old enough to drink at work now. Maybe I should take up day drinking since it all smells the same anyhow. I can almost see the benefits it could provide. A friend shared a thing today of 3 glasses on a counter. One cheerfully exclaims, I'm half full! The next glumly says, I'm half empty. The third says, I think this is P!ss. That was pretty funny. But if I were the 4th one on the counter I'd have to say that 2020 has made a whole helluva lot of us agree with that 3rd one. SO I guess that's just my typically long winded way of sharing something in saying that I sure hope you don't have a nasty bug with a 99.997% survival rate. Because surviving isn't everything when you have a "New Normal" and it's p!ss.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    You shouldn't think so much, comrade. Stick to the plan.

United States
    Thanks
    Got the test results about 6:30 last night,,,,,,,,,,,,NEGATIVE!