Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485

Thread: The Aspen and Volare Weather Channel

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Too hot to close the windows,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you poor thing, LOL!
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    You are enjoying the warm weather now, but you know the warmer the lake gets the more snow you will see this winter. In Brunswick I was in the secondary snow belt and we would get walloped if the lakes didn't freeze over.

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalkervette View Post
    You are enjoying the warm weather now, but you know the warmer the lake gets the more snow you will see this winter. In Brunswick I was in the secondary snow belt and we would get walloped if the lakes didn't freeze over.
    Haha! Not my problem.

Running along the coast below the ridge is always pretty fair as far as Lorain. And Lorain County has so much population they have the money to turn the roads white and keep them that way regardless of the winter weather. It's just getting out of Erie County that can be any kind of fun, since they don't actually care about anything east of Huron. Plus I've got a backhoe that runs again now this year. So I can clear my snow easily if it comes heavy. Just those bald front tires to address yet. Fixed the split in the top tank radiator seam over the weekend too. So I won't have that giving me any trouble at least.

It's still 73 in the house, but down to 52 outside. Got the whole yard cleaned up and mowed today. Just the bamboo and my tree by the garage have any leaves left so I'm sitting pretty good this year!
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Ohhhhhhh bad omen saying that! Of course with your monster tractor you could plow eight feet of snow

I traveled back and forth from Medina to Flint, MI more times than I can count - some of the worst white outs I've ever experienced were on the turnpike half way between To-le-do and the Medina exit.

United States
    Thanks
    Worst snow we ever got here was right before Christmas 04. 28" which turned into some 6ft+ drifts across the yard. I just strapped a tarp across the nose of the Bronco and used it as a battering ram to the road. 4 Low got me down to a plowed road.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Around here it seems the worst snow storms always come in April. Not many years ago we got 32" over the course of 2 days in mid April. Suck didn't even begin to describe it. A few years before that in the middle of May,,,,,,,,18" in one day. Only "good" part about snow in May, it doesn't stick around too long. In the real winter, some years are the 2-4" of snow every other day for weeks on end. Go to work, come home and clear snow. Go to work, come home, clear snow. Lather, rinse, repeat until you can hardly do it anymore. Nothing beats the snow in August back in the early 2000's (WTF?????) So far, only rain this weekend and low 30's for a high, no snow yet but the night is still young.

Wisconsin: Have seen as high as 109 in July, as low as -41 (with -60 windchill) in January in the 45 years I've lived here. Variety, right? lol

No matter what the weather is this time of year, the worst part is it gets dark so darn early. Right now its 4:45pm and pretty much pitch black out. It'll seem like the middle of the night and you figure it's got be close to 10pm, then look at the clock and it's only quarter past 6, yet you can't keep your eyes open.
    Last edited by aspen79; 1 Week Ago at 05:51 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    Nov 20, 2020. Was 64 degrees by 2 o clock under sunny skies. The strong breeze kept up all day but it all slowed down as the cloud cover came around dark and held the heat in over night. Still pretty decent weather here.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    We had an inch or so of snow, followed by warm enough to melt it all, then Wednesday was in the mid 50's, Thursday only 40's and yesterday (and today) just plain cold and below freezing. Only difference is, yesterday there was a 20-30 mph north wind. Today, 1-2 mph and sunshine (so far).

United States
    Thanks
    Well,,,,,,,,,,,,heard the upcoming forecast and kind of wish I hadn't. Put it this way, I got the snow blower and snow shovels out of the shed and moved them to the (attached) garage. Tuesday they said 3-6" of snow during the day. That means it'll be a normal drive to work, white knuckle drive home in the dark and snow and that's always so much "fun".

I'm hoping I jinxed it by getting the snow removal equipment ready! lol Good news is, choke, throttle, couple pumps of the primer bulb, hit the start button and the snow blower fired right up, no problems.