Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 LastLast

Thread: The Aspen and Volare Weather Channel

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I turned the furnace back on today. High of 61. Wasn't too bad. Sunshine and a light breeze. Took my backhoe starter to be rebuilt and mowed the lawn. Hearing it's guna be ugly the rest of the week tho.

My package that had been lost in Portland for a week without tracking updates showed up today undamaged too! So today was a really good day.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Turned the furnace BACK ON? Mine haven't been shut off since sometime last September. Around here the switch usually doesn't get flipped until June at least. Even then, doesn't mean it will stay off until fall. You just never know.

After 7 days straight of rain, sure is nice to have a bright sunny day at long last! Only in the low 50's but still awesome. Funny how a week of rain and yards are still brown. Then one day of sunshine and POOF, instant green.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yep. 4-21-21 Snow! A nice heavy couple inches of snow over a wonderful ice base from the hours of rain til it got cold enough. No reason to even plow right? Not like there's any salt left either. Just nice thick tire grabbing snow and barely enough traction to keep from getting ripped off the road. Slow going this morning.

Glad we've had some good previous weather but totally expected this. We always get our last snow around the 2nd or early 3rd week of April. Sure better than last year when winter hung around til suddenly one day it became summer.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Looks like a blizzard outside right now (noon). Worst part is, a couple weeks ago it was 80 degrees. No Aspen testing tonight, son of a........................
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    Nice today except for off and on rain. Going to get cold in the next few days. We have been getting some March winds lately too.

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'm really glad the ground hadn't warmed up enough yet for my asparagus to sprout. Hope they come back at all after last year. I got one cutting and then it was so hot I didn't dare again and left them go to seed. I managed to till the garden last weekend and got my taters and peas in the ground just in time before the snow. Who knows what will be left of my fruit trees after all the nice weather before this. Hopefully after this few days of winter's return we'll be on to a nice spring like usual.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Going below freezing for me again tonight. Fun April weather.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack

United States
    Thanks
    After 2 days with lows of 22 to 25, and highs of 30 to 35 and snow,,,,,,,,,,supposed to be sunny and close to 60 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They claim it'll be 70 or above next week. Man, I sure hope so.

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Stupid Ohio spring weather.

Had 80's again earlier this week. Followed by 40's, 60's, you just never know from one day to the next around here. Currently reasonable in the 50's, so of course it's Raining! At least we aren't getting the strong winds.

For now...

I got the weeds mowed before it moved in thankfully. Grass is such a useless weed. It was an adventure. 3rd year on a 27 year old $250 Cub Cadet 48". Broke a deck guide wheel mount off the deck I heavily reworked when I got it. Then it wouldn't stay at 3". Kept dropping to 2 and bogging me down. Figured out my height finger engaging the detent is boogered. So it drops to the lower detent to hang on that's larger finger. Who mows a large yard at 2"? So I went to weld the wheel mount back on first. Why doesn't the welder work? Oh yeah. I ran out of wire last month. G$*&#@%$. Grabbed the new spool and reloaded. Grind and weld. Good to go? No. We're already here let's keep going. Maybe the rain will hold off. Pulled the deck, sharpened the blades. Still haven't fixed the main reason I'm in the garage. Rain not going to hold off that long for me. Hmmm....? Ratchet strap! Set to 3. Hook the handle, feed it over the fender to the hitch hole, Crank. DONE! I'll fix it better this weekend. If it stops raining before the weeds need their 4 day cutting again.

You know, I love the open space. I love looking out at my mower stripes on an even lawn all nice and orderly stretching to the distance,,, Glistening green and with little yellow dots of dandelion here and there in the rain. But I'm really not a mow the lawn every four days or bale it after five kinda guy.
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    I didn`t mind cutting the grass but lately I have gotten to really dislike it. I can go about once a week between cuts. I am calling it grass but it is mostly weeds as my soil is mostly sand. I actually wore holes in the deck on my other 48 inch riding mower due to the sand. It was like it was getting sandblasted on every cut. It`s very windy here today.