Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast

Thread: The Aspen and Volare Weather Channel

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77superpak's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    The prices for Granite peak are $82 for an all day ticket. Where I go it's $66. I usually tag along with my boys school ski/snowboard club and get evening tickets for $18. My oldest son found a great deal in the Michigan UP. Just before Thanksgiving you can get a season pass for $99. He gets that and goes up for a three day weekend to save money.

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Last time I was skiing at Granite Peak (way before it was "Granite Peak"), a season pass (good day or night) was $75. I think a weekend day pass was like $8, weekdays were less and nights were even less than that. Of course, there were basically only 2 runs at that time, 4 if you figure the lower, less steep half and the upper really freaking steep half separate. The bunny hill had a rope tow, there was one chair lift and 2 of those awful T-bar things. Shows you how long it's been since I've been there, lol. (think it was like 1982 roughly). Got pretty good. On "Senior" I could air the headwall almost to the bottom. Trick was to land while still on the seemingly vertical slope. Go to far and miss, then you've got a situation. That's pretty much what ended my skiing career. Got too much air, landed too far out and,,,,,,,,,my knee has never been the same since.

Sunny, little wind, NO SNOW TODAY(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) going to a balmy 19 degrees for a high after starting at the sweat inducing temp of -12. Tomorrow, more (insert expletives here) snow. Sunday, get the shorts out. I hear the high that day is going to be a whole +6.
    Last edited by aspen79; 02-28-2019 at 08:33 AM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    ............and exactly when they said it would start, at 4pm the snow made it's triumphant return. Another 3-5" forecast. Gee, just what we need. I guess the 4 to 5 feet on the ground already isn't enough.

Hmmmmm, average February snowfall here is 10.2", this year we got 54". Wrong thing to be above average on. The highs were 20-30 degrees below average. Wrong thing to be below average on. All we need to do, is switch the two around and life would be serene.
    Last edited by aspen79; 03-01-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty

United States
    Thanks
    Yep, 5 more inches last night (sigh...................). Nice day though, mid 20's, sunshine, no wind. Then the front came through late afternoon. Down to 15 already, headed for -10 tonight, 4 tomorrow and -20 Sunday night with -30 to -35 windchill. Seriously?????????????????? Oh well, it is what it is, right?

United States
    Thanks
    We got good news and bad news in the forecast. The good news is it's FINALLY going to warm up. This below zero and single digit crap is getting very old. By the weekend, low to mid 30's (which is the normal average). Bad news, 5-8" of wet snow Saturday night. The snow has gone beyond ridiculous. With wet snow obviously being a lot heavier than dry, I'm getting worried about my roofs. In theory they should be fine but...........................The real problem is, where the bleep are we going to put more snow?

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 7T8 Custom's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    After a week and a half of above freezing temperatures during the day and below freezing temperatures at night most of the snow here has melted except where it is in shade all the time. The bad news is that I`m looking out the window right now and watching it snow. Weather man says we should get a between a dusting and a few centimeters. I think this is weather man speak for "We have no idea how much we are going to get".

Aspen and Volare Super Member 77superpak's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    It's going to in the 40s and rain this weekend. Hopefully it will melt some of this stuff. This year we are slated to have our road, curbs and water supply replaced. I noticed a front end loader parked across the street yesterday. The funniest thing was they came by and painted lines for the natural gas......right on top of the snow.

United States
    Thanks
    I've seen that done around here (utilities painted on the snow) and the little flags stuck into the snow. It's like, seriously?

They're still saying 3-7" of heavy, wet snow tomorrow after some rain. Just shoot me now...................................

On the other hand, it got up to 37 today (!!!!!!!!!) which is about 30 degrees warmer than a couple days ago. With the sunshine and no wind, did it ever feel nice!

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 7T8 Custom's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    It snowed this morning and then cleared up, got sunny this afternoon and hit 50 degrees. That`s the warmest it`s been in 2 months and is actually a normal temperature for here this time of year. We had the coldest February on record.

United States
    Thanks
    After 2 1/2" of rain Tuesday night (and the resulting flooding), it hasn't really stopped raining yet. This morning when i left for work, it was raining like a SOB, and even some lightning (weird). Add the very dense fog onto the rain and you almost have to drive by feel a lot of the time. Still foggier than all get out this evening but, it did hit 51 today(!!!!!). It's not going to last (might get snow tomorrow) but even overcast and sprinkling, it felt pretty darn warm. If the sun had been out,,,,,,oh man!!!!!!!!!!!

Crap load of rain, snow melting fast with frozen ground and ice 6" thick on the shoulders of some roads, well,, I guess the bottom of my truck should be washed off fairly well. When the water comes over the hood, it may have been deeper than you thought.