Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071

Thread: The Aspen and Volare Weather Channel

Aspen and Volare Super Member Stalkervette's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    At least she is safe, nothing else in the world matters!

Metal and cars can be replaced. Do 5A's have antilock?
    Let's Go Brandon!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stalkervette For This Useful Post:

Rattle Trap (5 Days Ago)

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalkervette View Post
    At least she is safe, nothing else in the world matters!

Metal and cars can be replaced. Do 5A's have antilock?
    No antilock, but she does have an 89 with airbag. Thank God that didn't go off. She whacked the thing to within inches of the sensor. It already went off on her when she tagged her first deer. I don't feel like fixing that again. The under dash control is single use and has to be replaced with the bag or it explodes in your face and kills you trying to plug the next one in.

That was pretty funny actually. She calls me and we do the dad daughter thing. Then she says the stupid bag is all over with a bunch of powder and she cant drive it. I ask, does it run? "Yep" Did the seat retract to full rearward position? "Yep" Does the seat move back to where you can reach everything or did it self-destruct in the process? "Nope, I can move the seat" she says. So I replied, OK, then get your knife out and cut that crap out of your way! See you in 20? LOL!

Yes, I wasn't going to say any more on the topic, but Thank the Lord she is safe. And thank you guys. That's exactly why we chose the best year of that TANK variant on our F-body platform to become her daily driver.
    Last edited by Rattle Trap; 5 Days Ago at 05:35 PM. Reason: Stupid Grauple on Ice...
    Volare Magnet

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Snowing to beat the band out there again for over an hour now. Looks to have laid down over an inch so far. At least it's a balmy 22 degrees. I can live with that. I think I mentioned before how below teens just seems brutal to me. Had to replace a headlight spring in my daughter's car the other day when it was 8 in broad daylight. And also the hi/low beam on the other side of where she'd whacked it. That wasn't any fun. Thought my fingers would freeze off. She got pulled over the night before when it burned out and left go with a verbal since she explained she'd already called her dad and there was a replacement waiting at home for her off the shelf and on the bench already. Good thing I test them before bothering. The first one I'd grabbed was junk, still in the box. High beam only. But at least I've got a good supply. Not like you can just run down to the parts store for them on their shelf anymore. All the same. I'm going to switch her over to LED's when we replace the damaged parts.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Bright sunny day and 3 degrees. Ick.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Owned since 1987, big block since 1989
    1996 Dakota Sport owned since 1998, 3.9L. Winter DD
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, bought 2017, summer only DD
    Let's go Brandon!