Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 408088899091 LastLast

Thread: The Aspen and Volare Weather Channel

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Only certain posts are opening right now. Working on it.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Not only does the 7-day forecast promise high's in the low to mid 60's, it truly feels like spring now. Not that it's warm today (only low 40's) but,,,,,on the way home I was listening to Bob Uecker doing the play by play for the Brewers on opening day. Not much of a baseball fan really but Uecker is awesome! Now, all we need is to hear the frogs at night. Until I hear them, always worry winter will make a return. Don't remember the frogs ever being wrong. It's like somehow, they know.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    After a week of much higher than usual Temps, Saturday started out as a Great day for a cruise. But we still hadn't gotten any rain to deal with all the salt thrown from the last snow. It was probably all worn of the roads anyhow. But there was work to do and that lasted into the afternoon when the weather changed.

I think we've had Plenty enough rain now.

It's always seemed strange to me that 35 winter degrees is comfortable in a sweatshirt and flannel, but 50 damp spring degrees is still uncomfortable in the same clothes.

I'll take some more of that warm weather now please. The roads are clean. Time to Cruise!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20210301-122854_Chrome.jpg  
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Took mine out for a little rot prevention cruise last night. The front clutch seems to be getting worse now. I need manual 2 for forward, and R and a long wait and sometimes a little nudge for reverse. Once in reverse it was good, but now it stutters in and out of reverse. I guess I need to get that project started. But it was nice to get my 1000mg dose.

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yowzers. That doesn't sound good. Shame shipping has gotten so expensive and sketchy all at the same time. I've got a stack of good transmissions. No more 3rd Party at Fastenal and no other truck freight is cheap anymore either. Currently have a package lost by USPS since last Tuesday with no updates other than "Delayed" with no location given on the day it was supposed to be delivered. Just great when the $100 insurance doesn't cover the actual value of the great deal I got. Just sent some rear spring boxes to a guy today that had previously bought them from another member and received a destroyed empty box a couple weeks ago....

Come on Good Weather... Need some wheel time to ease my mind!

Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    It's the time and place to take out the trans that is holding me up. Then I can just hop it down to Hughes for a sweet rebuild.

First was the 8 3/4 rear install. Next will be a power focused rebuilt trans. Last comes the stroker rebuild up front.

We have actually been getting some nice weather here. Usually it is 30 one day, 80 the next and 110 the day after that. Same thing in reverse for Autumn. This year we've had several days in a row of 60 to 80.

P.S. If anyone ever hears of a land where it is 65 every day and is free from communist boots on your neck let me know so I can move there.

United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doublechaz View Post
    It's the time and place to take out the trans that is holding me up. Then I can just hop it down to Hughes for a sweet rebuild.

First was the 8 3/4 rear install. Next will be a power focused rebuilt trans. Last comes the stroker rebuild up front.

We have actually been getting some nice weather here. Usually it is 30 one day, 80 the next and 110 the day after that. Same thing in reverse for Autumn. This year we've had several days in a row of 60 to 80.

P.S. If anyone ever hears of a land where it is 65 every day and is free from communist boots on your neck let me know so I can move there.
    No sucks here. No 4 seasons anymore. Goes from cold to hot. If it`s not raining then it is humid as heck.

United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It's fairly mild here on the southernmost shore of the Great Lakes. It quickly heats up by going inland though. My little spot has a breeze all day long except from about 6:30 to 8PM. Sometimes it's more than a breeze. But never a breeze to go into town in the warm months. Too many tourists with no idea what they're doing, where they're going, and have all day to do it. Their absence was one bright spot of last year. terrible for all the businesses that specifically cater to them and only exist because of them though. And our state fails miserably in national metrics on so many issues due to current and several past political decisions. We keep getting these middle of the road people who say they support fixing things but then go along with and even promote some of the worst things we see in the larger population centers while doing nothing to address the problems. I guess that can be said many places. But it's really sad to see how miserably we rank against the rest of the nation. At least the weather is reasonable huh? It's like that old saying, love the house but hate the landlord.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Spring kind of disappeared, Snowed yesterday and last night (didn't accumulate much) and today there's sporadic flurries and a sweltering 34 degrees. What the you know what?
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

United States
    Thanks
    I always wondered what would be the most ideal climate to live in here in the US. On the east coast is seems too hot and humid anywhere south of me so that`s out. But north the cold weather sucks too. I guess I need to travel more to see what I like the best.