Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495

Thread: The Aspen and Volare Weather Channel

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yep. Finally quit raining here last night and dry enough to mow now. Mid afternoon of humid 80's. Just finished picking asparagus. 8 more nice stalks. Afraid to cut so many skinny ones like you see in stores and already left them go to seed. I know those are new, and you aren't supposed to cut them the first year. Once 2nd year, and only a few times 3rd. I've got so many well established old roots that I can barely eat it all as it is. Last year went from winter to summer so fast I only got a single cutting on what did come up. Glad to see all this new stuff!
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    It's time again to mow my yard also. Every week so far. However, I really don't relish the idea of starting on it this evening, at least not yet. In the sun you'd last about 10 minutes before passing out so,,,,,,,,,maybe I'll get a start later this evening, do some more in the morning before it gets to hot out (predicted high of 92 tomorrow and humid). One way or another, I'll get it all done this weekend,,,,,,I hope, lol. Summer weather came very abruptly it seems. I'll take it over -40 windchill any day though.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Administrator Rattle Trap's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Some big eclipse this morning around now-ish, so of course we have heavy fog under cloudy skies. Typical Ohio any time there's a natural event.

At least it was only 67 this morning. Off and on rain for days made 73 already muggy yesterday. Still looking for mid 80's thru the day again tho. The humidity just keep going up. Got rained off the mower last night. But I got 80% done under the black skies that looked like a 10% chance of getting two swipes in. Just kept doing more and more until the drops hit me. Headed straight to the shed and by the time I put it away I got soaked walking back up to the house. Under two minutes from start to downpour that kept it up for at least an hour. Hope it clears up and cools off by Saturday. We're registered for a Cruise In all afternoon and evening.
    Volare Magnet

Aspen and Volare Super Moderator aspen79's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    We've had another day of 95 degrees and fairly humid. No rain other than Tuesday evening around 8pm. It rolled in and there was make your ears ring thunder and lightning then holy sh*t rain and wind. Only came down for 1/2 an hour or so but it dropped 2" here. Oddly though, 12 miles away from my house on the far south side (in Mosinee where I work),,,,,,,,,zero rain. A few miles away up on the north side and little to no rain. About darn time we get a real summer around here, even though summer doesn't start for another couple weeks. It's been waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long coming.
    1979 Aspen Sunrise 500". Bought in 1987 with 72,000 miles and a mighty E24 California emission 90hp leaning tower of power/4-speed
    1996 Dakota with a torque monster (not) 3.9L V-6 and automatic owned since 1998. Now demoted to winter duty
    2008 Ford Mustang V6, the new summer daily driver

Aspen and Volare Super Member Mopars1's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    90 today with a heat index of 99. I don't take well to anything over 80 so the fan followed me around work for the last couple of days. I am a retired mechanic but go in and help my friend in his business as he is a one man show and tends to overload his schedule so I work Tuesday through Thursday each week.
    1977 Dodge Aspen R/T Super Pak T-Tops
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab 4WD
    2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
    2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack