Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: glass hood for f body

Aspen and Volare Super Member 76sassygrassVolare's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    US Body lists 2 versions, Heavy Duty $549 & Race weight $419 , the Heavy Duty lists full perimeter inner frame and says utilizes oem hinge & latch, not sure if that helps ya....
    http://www.usbody.com/Pages_Cars/76-Aspen.htm

sun runner77
    I like the pin on for working on the motor.No hood to hit your head on and no hinge to work around and no spring end ripping your shirt sleeve lol.At the track we just can set it on the trailer.When at home i put a blanket on the roof and set it there.Post some pics.when you get it done.

Aspen and Volare Junior Member steve9271's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Sun Runner did you ever sell your Road Runner?

sun runner77
    No i still have it.I figured I would wait till spring to sell it.I had it on ebay after this site went down,i got a couple of offers on it after ebay ended.The offers were to low.I think i could have made more selling all the parts off of it lol.I will have it up for sale again soon.I hope it warms up soon so i can get my 64 chevelle drag car done and get that one up for sale also.I ran out of warm weather last year to finish that .

United States
    Thanks
    I ran into that when I sold my last F body drag car and it was no way as nice as yours. I eventually pulled the engine and trans and sold it as a roller for about what I had in it.

Aspen and Volare Junior Member steve9271's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I would love to have Sun Runners ride and put it back to a 4 speed change the rear and run it on the street.

sun runner77
    I do have the A-833 4speed out of a duster that i had in the runner,i kept it in case i did put it back on the street.I had it rebuilt and used it I think a month before i put the 727 in it and put it to the drag strip.I talked to the guy that does my rear axle work last summer and asked him about putting a posi back in the rear end because i was thinking about putting back to the street again.He said it would be about $650.00 for posi and install.Because of health problems i never did it and decided to put the runner up for sale instead.

United States
    Thanks
    US Body lists 2 versions, Heavy Duty $549 & Race weight $419 , the Heavy Duty lists full perimeter inner frame and says utilizes oem hinge & latch, not sure if that helps ya....
    http://www.usbody.com/Pages_Cars/76-Aspen.htm
    yeah, i knew they had two versions. i was just worried about the quality. i heard glasstek had a pretty nice product thats why i emailed them hoping they would make them too.

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 440w2r/t's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    This is my glass hood, decklid, and front bumper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1838.JPG  
    1977 PLYMOUTH VOLARE
    Stock bottom end 360''
    10.40 @ 129 mph

Aspen and Volare Member SixPakSC78's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I talked with the owner of Stinger this year at Carlisle, says he has a 6 pack bolt on F body hood in the works and will have them ready for order by next year.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20197150_10211754326845600_1964924635_n.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	4598