Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone thinking on a GEN III Hemi swap? Supercharge it!

Aspen and Volare Super Member 76sassygrassVolare's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks

Anyone thinking on a GEN III Hemi swap? Supercharge it!

Well, it sure would be cool to plop one of these in an F body, especially with the mounts available now. Sure there's lots more to do to it than that, looks like a lot of things you would have to do for the swap, but not much worse than a big block swap, maybe easier. Especially with these donor engines popping up on ebay all the time now. A 5.7 would be the easiest/cheapest to acquire. You could likely have a 5.7 Hemi with a 2.8L Kenne Bell supercharger installed in your F body for under $20k, now all the of a sudden you have 600+ HP with driveability and decent mileage. With a larger budget you could pick up a donor 6.4 Hemi and plop a 4.7L Kenne Bell on it and the sky is almost the limit for HP. Last week there was a complete Hellcat engine, tranny ,and wiring etc. on ebay for $18.5k. Hey, a Hellcat powered Aspen? lol I also saw a 6.4L complete with steering wheel, gas tank computer etc etc.
    Through the link of the mount kit that Eric posted , I ended up reading the Hot Rod article about the Gen III In a Duster, and that was done awhile ago. Pretty interesting. Anyway, just seems like a cool swap project. It is really cool to see what StalkerVette is doing too, who will be next? LOL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-13-Char...-/391358917283

Aspen and Volare Administrator White Aspen R/T's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Stalkervette already did one.
    AspenandVolare Administrator

Canada
    Thanks
    Yeah I know he has, I mentioned that in my post, that's why I said Who will be next? lol . Love the twin turbo he did amazing and awesome I have watched his project since he bought the car, what a transformation! I was basically just wondering if anyone else is considering it as well.... I know the idea sure runs through my head when I stare at my empty engine compartment!

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 440w2r/t's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have thought about gen lll but never did bite the bullet. I build a bigger cubic inch small block instead. Looking back I should have gone the gen lll route instead. They make really good power

Aspen and Volare Junior Member Jbuhr's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I just became a member here and saw this thread. I just bought a 79 Aspen 2dr with a Slant 6 and 4 spd. I'm swapping a 5.7 hemi into it. I already have the correct bell housing, a 2004 Hemi Durango for the donor engine, and a 2006 Charger intake manifold. Its going to be fuel injected using the MS3 Gold box plug n play kit. For engine mods, I'm just going to put a cam in it for now. I'm thinking a pair of 6.1 exhaust manifolds may work. I need to get the engine in the car to find out. The biggest hurdle I am currently facing is the motor mounts. Schumacher makes them for a 318/360 crossmember, but not for a slant 6. Mike told me he hopes to have them available in July. The other option is to swap a V8 crossmember in.

What do you all think?

United States
    Thanks
    Here is what I'm starting with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1830.jpg   IMG_1835.JPG   IMG_1885.jpg   IMG_1886.jpg  

Aspen and Volare Super Member doublechaz's Avatar
    United States
    Thanks
    I think it sounds great. I'm really interested in the megasquirt. Would love to hear all about your project as you work on it.

Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbuhr View Post
    I just became a member here and saw this thread. I just bought a 79 Aspen 2dr with a Slant 6 and 4 spd. I'm swapping a 5.7 hemi into it. I already have the correct bell housing, a 2004 Hemi Durango for the donor engine, and a 2006 Charger intake manifold. Its going to be fuel injected using the MS3 Gold box plug n play kit. For engine mods, I'm just going to put a cam in it for now. I'm thinking a pair of 6.1 exhaust manifolds may work. I need to get the engine in the car to find out. The biggest hurdle I am currently facing is the motor mounts. Schumacher makes them for a 318/360 crossmember, but not for a slant 6. Mike told me he hopes to have them available in July. The other option is to swap a V8 crossmember in.

What do you all think?
    Sounds like a great project and your car looks like a great starting point. I like that interior. Start a thread in the project section and keep us updated! I would suggest you may want to consider the V8 k frame anyway? And since the adapters are already available from them may be the way to go? If they are going to be available for /6 k frame in July though, that's not that far away...

United States
    Thanks
    I will start a build thread. Right now, though, I'm building a turbo 318 1995 Dakota. Once that is done, I will start the Aspen swap. Being from the dry west, all the rubber suspension parts are dried and cracked. I see that Firmfeel sells a front suspension kit. Does anyone have experience with their kit?

Aspen and Volare Senior Member 7T8 Custom's Avatar
    Canada
    Thanks
    It`s not gonna be cheap.